Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Requesting Arx Fatalis saved game (Finale)...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Ence Fatalis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Requesting Arx Fatalis saved game (Finale)...

Okay, so I love "Arx Fatalis." It's one of the 5 best games I've ever played... but the biggest problem I've had with the game is a very little inventory, and way too many CRUCIAL items to carry around. I've heard other people express similar views about that element of the game, which has become a REAL problem for me.

Here's why: my inventory, cluttered by items I couldn't discard (I hadn't found the backpack yet, and didn't even know it existed), got so packed that I began to ditch the two Akbaa meteors I had collected at that time. After all, nobody had told me anything about Akbaa meteors - they couldn't be that important. Besides, I just found them on a couple of Akbaa worshippers I had killed... I figured they were a dime a dozen... so, yeah, I got rid of them and didn't bother to remember where. Doh! The meteors are REQUIRED in the Ylside Bunker, REQUIRED to finish the game. Partly my own stupidity and the game's inability to predict that stupidity, yes. Anyway, I'm 99.9% finished with the bloody game... and I can't find those two meteors ANYWHERE. I must have hurled them into another dimension or something. I don't want to play the game from scratch (needless to say) since I'm so close to finishing it - but I'm DYING to see how the storyline plays out.

So, here's my request: does anybody out there happen to have a game saved right before the Ylside bunker, with all of the Akbaa meteors in hand? If so, please let me know, because I really want to finish it... so to speak. I've made sure I'll end up playing it again, but that will be some time from now, and I can't stand that kind of wait now that I'm so close. Grrrr! Desperate times call for desperate measures, I suppose.

So, please, if you have such a saved game, or, ideally, know where I can find one, please let me know. Thanks much!
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:11 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Two other possibilities. There is a cheat that should enable you to 'get' the 2 metors. (The old hit the chair cheat) or, you could email Julien Roby at Arkane and he might be able to edit your save game. He has in the past. If none of those work, I'll check if I have such a save game; it's been a long time since I finished it.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:53 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Julien Roby

Check the first thread to get his Email address.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:22 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Julien

Just heard from someone else that he is back. If you still didn't get help, email him again. He told other it would be a day or so for him to find files.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:12 pm
Hammerhead
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Crap i have this same problem. Hmm so i should e mail to this address then? or how did you solve your problem with it? i did not intentionally throw any of the meteors away. I knew they were important but now i just cant find one of them. i think i used it to mark those rooms on the sisters illusion quest, but now i cant find it there... ?
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:38 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Did you download and install the patch? That one missing stone is one of the bugs of the game without patch. If you did and still need stone than yes, email J Roby at the address in the first thread. He has sent others a file with the stone in it to finish the game. It may take several days for him to answer so be patient. It took a week for one person, but most get response in few days. Also as hint, if you did install patch, try to do it again. I have seen others who had it, still correct problems by doing it again. It won't hurt to try. Hope you get it solved.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:58 pm