Usergroups
Whistler keeps killing me
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Lorithian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm a newbie to the game and I LOVE it. I can't understand why after I purchased the sword from Fisk and go to Whistler, Whistler keeps killing me. This would be my first completed mission. HELP!
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:17 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

You may have walked in his hut or maybe its because your blocking his path.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:54 am
Lorithian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I thought so too but he's sitting on a bench when I approach him. Each time I arrive regardless of where I'm standing, He gets up, accuses me of running off with his ore, and kills me. Maybe it's because I got his quest first, left for the new camp, then came back and solved his quest? I'm guessing??? Any hints out there....thanks
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:16 am
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

hmmm strange. prolly another bug.
got any savegames ?
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:40 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Does he kill you or just beat you up and you are still alive with 1hp? Then if you try to talk to him again he just beats you to the ground again?

Did you become a member of the new camp? if so, that could be the problem.

Cheat to god mode and beat him up a couple times
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:27 pm
Lorithian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes he does kill me and no I haven't joined the New Camp. Is God-Mode, type "S", then "Marvin", then "S" ?? Thanks for the help....

[ This Message was edited by: Lorithian on 2002-01-08 08:24 ]
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:24 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Maybe you didn't go directly to fisk and bought the weapon. ?
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:52 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Obviously, you have done something that you shouldn't have. If you are just starting out the game, then start over. There is no point in continuing the game with problems. Start a new game and be careful who you piss off.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:41 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

He does tell you to hurry if I'm not mistaken. As buggy as this game is there are instances where characters mean what they say, and apparently this is one of them.

Yep I'd start over if I was you, or if you want to roleplay a guy who screwed up a quest and has to live with it, then just avoid him until you are strong enough to beat him up.

Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:47 pm
Tarq
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm on my 3rd attempt at this game. Im getting fed up with having to restart it because its full of bugs and inconsistancies just like the one described in this post. This game needs to have some kind of restraint mechanisms put into place so people dont screw themselves by doing quests out of order or by killing certain npc's that shouldn't be killed. Can this game be completed without a cheat or hack? There needs to be a major patch.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:20 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-01-08 13:20, Tarq wrote:
I'm on my 3rd attempt at this game. Im getting fed up with having to restart it because its full of bugs and inconsistancies just like the one described in this post. This game needs to have some kind of restraint mechanisms put into place so people dont screw themselves by doing quests out of order or by killing certain npc's that shouldn't be killed. Can this game be completed without a cheat or hack? There needs to be a major patch.

I am on my second re-start of the game. I am doing it the second time, not because of game fault; but because of myself. I applied skill points incorrectly at the first part of the game.
The game is set-up pretty straight forward. The fault seems to be with you, and killing everyone around. You wouldn't kill Lord British in any of the Ultima games; so don't start the game by killing everyone (especially named characters.
I don't know of any Old Camp quests that you can do out of order, and screw the game up.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:58 pm
LeFey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Youre not by any chance walking around with your dukes up? Even if its not a sword or bow, fists are drawn weapons. A newbie in camp with a drawn weapon is a dead newbie. Try approaching Whistler and hitting crl-up as soon as you see his name above his, dont give him a chance to act first. Then when dialogue is activated give him the sword. Ill bet there is a workaround here somehow. Try talking to Gravo.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:00 pm

lol morons, you dont have to cheat AT ALL at gothic. I didn't cheat even once, it took longer t ocomplete certain quests, but i still didn't cheat. for example; i accidently went to the moutian fort adn killed the the harpies adn stole the deed long before the actualy quest. i then sold it cause i was sick of carrying it around. Later when i found out i needed it, i had do run and go buy it back off a merchant.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:42 am

Tarq
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Explain the original post then.

[ This Message was edited by: Tarq on 2002-01-09 02:29 ]
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:27 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-01-09 02:27, Tarq wrote:
Explain the original post then.

[ This Message was edited by: Tarq on 2002-01-09 02:29 ]

We need more information on what exactly led up to the point where the Whistler started to kill Lorithian. The character Whistler, is not going to randomly attack you, unless you have done something wrong

Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:32 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next