The Ultimate Character
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Ultimate Character

I’m and avid CRPG player. Recent games I’ve played and completed are BG 1 and 2, IWD 1 and 2, NWN, Gothic 1, Morrowind, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, and others.

But my CRPG playing goes all the way back to the early 80s, starting with Ultima 1 on my Apple II+, Bard’s Tale on my C64, and Wizardry on my IBM 8088 model B.

What I really enjoyed about the Ultima Series was how your character would eventually become great at everything. Your character could wield every weapon, wear every type of armor, and cast every magic spell he could find.

Don’t get me wrong, I really do love games that have strong character development and game balance. But I find myself wishing that a game or two would come along where you end up being the Ultimate Bad a$$, good at everything.
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:25 am
SmokenTheDoobie
Village Leader
Village Leader

That would be Nice.

*Imagines the Dwarf From BladeoFDarkness Using The Barbarians DOOM Axe.*
'Cause I'm a picker...... I'm a grinner...... I'm a lover ......and I'm a sinner I play my music in the suuunnn. I'm a joker...... I'm a smoker..... I'm a midniiiggght toker I sure don't want to hurt no one
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:17 am
MadPriest
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: The Ultimate Character

quote:
Originally posted by Neptiofpovar
I’m and avid CRPG player. Recent games I’ve played and completed are BG 1 and 2, IWD 1 and 2, NWN, Gothic 1, Morrowind, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, and others.

But my CRPG playing goes all the way back to the early 80s, starting with Ultima 1 on my Apple II+, Bard’s Tale on my C64, and Wizardry on my IBM 8088 model B.

What I really enjoyed about the Ultima Series was how your character would eventually become great at everything. Your character could wield every weapon, wear every type of armor, and cast every magic spell he could find.

Don’t get me wrong, I really do love games that have strong character development and game balance. But I find myself wishing that a game or two would come along where you end up being the Ultimate Bad a$$, good at everything.

Yeah at first I thought this was going to be a poll type thing and I was going to put The Avatar in the Ultima series is the Ultimate Character but I see we agree already.

Ultima rules
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:31 am
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

you can be the ultimate el-supreme bad motha in morrowind

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:33 pm