More Postage!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

More Postage!

Will people maybe post more on these forums... they are so bare... so old... so many cobwebs... agh....

Anyways. Any word on Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2?

Don't you feel better now?
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:03 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

What do you expect? These game are not in high demand currently, so unless you replay them for …th time and looking for something really unusual someone might post a question from time to time. Anything else, there are at least 5 I know of sites with detailed walkthrough, side quests and all that crap. I hope with upcoming Greyhawk might change that but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for DA it’s a console game so I would know nothing about it.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:35 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

We've never had a big D&D following here. Neverwinter got its own forums, but they're so dry right now as well that they could be integrated into this one without any real difficulty... though SoU might change that.

With Shadows and Temple coming out we might get some more traffic through here... but I wouldn't count on it. Hey... quality is more important than quantity anyways.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:25 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Even General RPG forum and Off Topics forum are rather quiet these days, don't you think?.

And meanwhile, Gothic forums are overflowing with all kind of posts. Now that Gothic 2 has been released, we got even more posts!. Most of the time when visit RPGdot front page i will scan for any interesting discussion or post in other forums, but no, every newest posts are about Gothic!.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:54 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Gothic is why I ended up on RPGdot in the first place... looking for a solution to the jammed winch problem.

I think Rend and Myrthos convinced their friends at PB to put that bug in there purposely along with the link from the official gothic site pointing to RPGDot ...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:19 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

But it isn't so bad with the post amount. There are atleast 5-7 new posts a day. Atleast according to what I observed for the past few days.

If what Xen says is true his post should dissapear in a few hours, deleted by some misterious force. I mean who would like other people to discover something like that
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:37 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

Mehh....

HEY! IDEA! LETS GET A GROUP OF 6 PEOPLE TO RUN THROUGH Baldur's gate, then TOTSC, then BG2, then TOB! IT WOULD BE SO GREAT! Serious roleplaying, and enjoying DnD.... and all that good stuff?!!!! Whaddaya think?

Yea, gothic is the reason i came here too... then i kinda stayed... I really dont remember what the problem was...

You know whats a good game? Warlords Battlecry, and its sequel. Very fun...

I actually didnt like planescape torment, I just couldnt get my lazy butt out of the mortuary at the VERY beginning.

Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:19 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I've tried doing co-op BG... lag kills. It's not really avery good team game, either. Granted, I partied up with a few kids from the main forum and one of them cut our session nice and short... I was protagonist, but he imported a character and hit 'transform to slayer'.... which transformed the protagonist to slayer. Me.

Well, he hit the floor first so he couldn't untransform me... then the slackjawed cleric got his head torn off, and then the mage was introduced to his intestines. The rogue hid in shadows, but the slayer saw right through it and ripped him to pieces. party dead and no control over the slayer, I took a bunch of damage and died. Protagonist dead... game over.

Even with good players I can't imagine things going well... friendly fire casualties would probably be pretty high...

Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:16 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
Granted, I partied up with a few kids from the main forum and one of them cut our session nice and short... I was protagonist, but he imported a character and hit 'transform to slayer'.... which transformed the protagonist to slayer. Me.

Well, he hit the floor first so he couldn't untransform me... then the slackjawed cleric got his head torn off, and then the mage was introduced to his intestines. The rogue hid in shadows, but the slayer saw right through it and ripped him to pieces. party dead and no control over the slayer, I took a bunch of damage and died. Protagonist dead... game over.

Even with good players I can't imagine things going well... friendly fire casualties would probably be pretty high...

Great story
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:24 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

This is one of forums I visit nearly everytime I am reading RPGDot. Well I do not post a lot, because I do not know too much about AD and D games (in comparation with others).
But I played a lot of them and liked them. I do not visit Gothic forums or AoT forum. They are too full of new topics and little bit too chaotic for me :].
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:35 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

I still think we should tryyyy to play! I'm BORED!

Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:38 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

I still think we need to run through Baldur's gate as a group.. it would be fun! We could roleplay n' stuff...

Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:02 pm