some bugs
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

some bugs

I have problems with quests. I got a quest at the castle (in VOM) that I have to bring meet. Now I brought meet, untill there was enough, but then nothing happened. No thanks, no XP, and the quest is still unsolved in my diary! The other quest is when Andre tells you to find thiefs guild. When I solwed another quest (with bandits), that quest dissapeared from my diary! i can still talk to Andre about it tho. Maybe if I solve it, it will be completed? How do i find thieves guild? I think they are hiding in canalisation of Khorinis, but I can't open the door to get in (it says I need key).
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:07 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

There's two ways to get to the Thieves guild.

1.In the cave near Akil's farm you can get a stinking fish, inside it lies a note. Read the note and give it to the fishseller at the harbor.
In the tavern down at the harbor talk to the owner about 'a special job'
do the job..
Talk to Jora at the markedplace, you will find a thief for him (rengaru) and get his money back. When talking to reangaru he will run away, follow him..and talk to him again, then let him go (don't put him to jail)
hmm..I thought there was one more thing you have to do, but can't remember it..but anyway..when helped all these go to the tavern at the harbor, the owner will tell you that there is someone waiting for you, and when meeting him you will get a key. I think it is how it is..haven't done this myself yet..it came a bug when I tried.

2. Throw one of these in jail instead of helping them, then go to the tavern t the harbor, now you will get the message that someone is witing for you behind the fishsellers house. Behind it is Atilla, he's going to kill you he sais..but when you kill him you can find a key. Now you can jump in the water and find the door and open it..
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:36 pm
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I already did that before. I found the fish with a note and took it to the merchant. It solved the bandits quest. And I also got Jora's gold back. And I also asked for a special job in red latern (i wasnt wearing any armor), but i didnt get any answer.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:22 pm
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

there are a few quests with multiple endings. example: the package that you steal for nagul from barthim or so (the merchant on the market thepackage you get from akils farm) when you give it to nagur you fail to deliver the package to the merchant, if u give it to the merchant you fail the quest for nagur. about the meatquest i don't know for sure but when you are a militia you can buy the heavy militia armor from him, dont know 100% sure though. if u are a mercenary or mage or you already have the heavy militia armor it's possible that nothing happens.

to check the solved and unsolved quest press n there you can check which quests have failed although i believe you know that already. it's possible that the quest you lost is under the failed quests. another thing that can happen is that you go to the next chapter and because of the storyline or other quests that have to happen then the previous quests can be cleared.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:48 am
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I deliverd the weed to merchant not to nagur. Maybe that's why I cant get the key? is there another way? Who do I have to knock down to get the key to canalisation?
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:05 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

oh, your a militia? then you might have the same problem that I got..gotta be a bug...'cause when I joined the miliia and then later asked for special job Nagur told me that there were no job for militiamen..but still I could ask him wath I was going to do for him..after he had give me the quest it had suddenly completed..still I hadn't done anything..he just kept saying that the job went well, but he don't talk about his employers...
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:11 pm
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The same was with me! But then I loaded previous game and rather gave the weed to merchant than nagur. Btw, can anyone tell me where I can get swampweed (plant's not stalks!). I need it for repairing the eye of Innos.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:36 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

@Angelo

I think there are few near the lighthouse. You get more up and there's a shadowbeast cave. Then you go even deeper into the woods and there's "tiny swamp" there where is around 7 swampweed. Raw.

I hope that helps.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:51 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

In the vally of mines in fron of the place you go down whan you enter the vally of mines there is a small islend in the river with some lurkrs on it (about 20 meters from the castle) there are some plants there..
every time i played gothic 2 i had tons of swamweed (the plant..) i didnt even needed to search for it in chapter 3..
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:08 pm
Crashzone
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

hmm strange
i just did the quest 5 minutes ago and i had 75xp and a thank you...
and Parlaf (the assistant from the smtiher) was also very happy...
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:07 pm
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

you can find also swampweed at the island in the big lake in near buster and the little cabin in front of onar's farm.

When talking to Nagur did you guys wear your militia armor? because people act diffrent when you wear leather armor instead of militia's amor, you cant get the key any other way then from attila, dont know if u can get it from him if u have to fight him for turning some thieves in, heck i dont even kknow if he's the guy that comes to whack you for what i know you have to do the three quests note in fish, errandboy fetching the package andcatching rengaru and letting him go
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:26 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

There is 2 or 3 swampweeds right outside the gate to the east, the...what's it called? when you jump down from the little bridge at the gate..follow the hole(?) to the right and you will find a little water with some swampweeds. Also at the swamp near the lighthouse, I found 9 of them there
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:12 pm