Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Leviathan (another show stopping Mini Game) - Spoilers.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Leviathan (another show stopping Mini Game) - Spoilers.

Again, please don't read if you have not passed this point. The game is just too good for you to spoil it for yourself by looking ahead.

Spoiler:
Wow. I never expected this to happen. I was taken totally by surprise when I left Korriban. I expected to go on collecting star map pieces for a while before heading into the end game.

First heart breaker: Dantooine is gone? The little girl I took back there to the safe keeping of her loving dad is dead? Every one else? Or just the Jedi Enclave?

Second stunner: I am Revan. I thought Revan was a he. But I'm definitely a woman. Now that I think of it, not much was mentioned about his/her sex.

Third surprise. Darth Malak didn't kill me. Am I really strong enough to fight him now or would Mission have beaten him?

Finally. Oh how sad. I guess this fighter turret thing is inevitable. Please tell me this is one of the random ones. But I doubt it. I've tried it twice. This time I got down to three ships before being killed. And I have been practicing. But this game is too hard for my old knuckles. I'll end up with my fingers in splints again. ( ) Ican, Ican do it. I know Ican. CanI, I don't think so. Ican?

Post Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:13 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

It is an amazing story with its twists.
I did not expect it to be like that at all either. I dont recall any of the movies being this entertaining other than the second one : empire strikes back.
Post Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:45 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Re: Leviathan (another show stopping Mini Game) - Spoilers.

Don't worry, some people survived.

They deliberately left Revan a mystery so they could spring this one on you.

Nah, Mission wouldn't beat him. But if you know how to use your Jedi powers, then you can keep up and beat him.

Yup, you didn't think that they were just going to let you fly away, did you? I was surprised that you could get away so easily.
If it's really more than you can handle and Ican isn't available, then send me the save game.
Post Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:10 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Oh ...sorry. I didn't see this thread till today. It's definitely the last time you'll come across the mini-game thingie.

You can send me your file if you want me to help you out
Post Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:25 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Ican
Oh ...sorry. I didn't see this thread till today. It's definitely the last time you'll come across the mini-game thingie.

You can send me your file if you want me to help you out

Thank you Ican and Val.

Ican, I will send it to you since we have already gotten e-mails and such. I really do appreciate this.

I am enjoying the game so much other than these horrid mini games. Funny, I zipped through the mandatory bike race with no problems, but I can't do them at all now on any of the planets. At least I don't have to do them. But Pazaak is just fine. I save, if I lose I restore. It's come in handy when I've needed money. I like the Pazaak music too:)
Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:56 am
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ok ..send away. I'll be at work for the next 9-10 hrs though ( 6pm GMT approx .)
Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:51 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Ican
Ok ..send away. I'll be at work for the next 9-10 hrs though ( 6pm GMT approx .)

Thanks again, Ican. I just went to K...(Wookie's country) and finished that too. No problems with this one.

There is one place I haven't been, Yevin, I think Is that the one you said I couldn't go to? I'll try it anyway. That is if I can. Perhaps the game will take off in another direction once I leave this planet - now that I have five pieces of the star map.

BTW, Juhani refers to Revin as a 'she' now that she (Juhani) knows I'm Revan. It seems Revan was the one who saved her. But you know that.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:59 am
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yavin is an "extra" for the PC version. Not much to see or do. A few items you can purchase if you want. On leaving Yavin there is a high probability of getting attacked by starfighters. Doesn't always happen though. I did go there once or twice ...and never ran into any encounters.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:10 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You have to go there multiple times for encounters to happen. Yavin is sort of meant to be visited after each time you find a starmap. The items the Rodian there sells get better after each starmap you find.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:23 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val
You have to go there multiple times for encounters to happen. Yavin is sort of meant to be visited after each time you find a starmap. The items the Rodian there sells get better after each starmap you find.

I did all the "encounters" in one visit, just by going back and forth between ship and shop. The fight was a tough one, but I got to see his special list. Luckily I dug up enough money to buy both his laser upgrades. I did have all the star map pieces. That might have allowed the last fight to trigger.

Now my character has the force regenerating laser upgrade. She also has a health regenerating implant that I got somewhere else.

Is there anything else you recommend I get from Yavin? Thanks.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:48 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

i never had problems with the starfighters, i blasted them without dying once. but i suck in playing Pazaak, i never won. i don't even understand the rules

i had a great time with the light side. and it was quite a shock for me too when i found out who i was. now i'm playing dark side and have a lot of fun too. (they say dark side has longer gameplay, is that true?)
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:35 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yeah .... I sucked at Pazaak too. Thank god I could race the swoop bikes. I was hoping there would be a Jawa "Duck" Shoot ....alas
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:35 pm
morning star
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Pazakk is a game of 20 instead of 21 u won't win with anything less then 18 and u can use hands cards i like a sidedeck it +or- cards of 4 or lowers so if i go over i can still use a hand card and win if you want a good side deck u are either going to have to wait all game or buy cards i bought cards. Nope i did eberything i could in the dark side and i didn't have any longer play in all honesty doing the light side things take up more time since u talk longer or run around finding out the truth instead of just getting to the fun part.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:14 pm