Got NWN, my thoughts...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Got NWN, my thoughts...

I got NWN yesterday. The installation was pretty long, i hate installations.
Anyway, i liked all the menus and such, very, umm... clean? I started a singeplayer game, the character creation was very good, i first made a fighter. I think the graphics were great, i didn't think the game would run this smooth on my computer (900Mhz,256Mb RAM,Geforce 2 MX.) I even think NWN beats Morrowind, i mean, i had fun with Morrowind, but when i have finished it i don't feel like playing it over again. I liked the camera view, first i used the top down, i liked it, but it was to hard to see what was infront of you, so now im using the camera that is pretty much behind you.

I thought NWN would be hard, like the other Baldur's Gate games. But it was pretty easy! Even to play as a mage whice im doing now (level 5). I haven't tried the multiplayer part yet, but i think it will be cool. This is an exellent game! =)
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:55 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

It gets a bit harder after chapter 2
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:30 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Got NWN, my thoughts...

Yeah NWN definitely not a bad game; graphic = beautiful + detail+ clean without high-end system, background Music O.K/good - nothing groundbreaking, ditto Voices acting. Story/plot? - good enough (just don't expect likes Planescape Torment or even Baldur's Gates);i think more likes IWD (calling heroes to defending the city etc etc). Also minus party members & thus minus more characters interaction & dynamism. Only could have one henchman (for wizard/ranger/druid plus familiar & summoned monster). Gameplay focus mostly on killing monsters & leveling up your character. Anyway it's still a nice pieces of works from BIOware - & sure worth the money for avid CRPGs gamer.

Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:39 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Re: Got NWN, my thoughts...

quote:
Originally posted by goofy goldfish
Also minus party members & thus minus more characters interaction & dynamism. Only could have one henchman (for wizard/ranger/druid plus familiar & summoned monster). Gameplay focus mostly on killing monsters & leveling up your character. Anyway it's still a nice pieces of works from BIOware - & sure worth the money for avid CRPGs gamer.

Well, that's all good and true for the single player experience. But the true gem under NWN's cover is the multiplayer aspect of it. Once you crack it open and you get into it for real, with a DM and good friends, this game soars above many. If it was only for the SP experience, NWN would only have been an ordinary game. A good one, but without anything special going for it. But multiplayer is where the heart of this game is.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:50 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

I abandoned finishing the Night Elf campaign in WarCraft III, as well as my fledgling thief in Morrowind, to spend more time with nwn. So far I have maybe 10 hours logged into the SP game as a Ranger, and not a minute of it has sucked any sizable amount of ass.

Plus, I'm an elf. AND a chick. And I have a longsword +1 and a battle axe +1 dual-wielded. Bizamn!

-Matt is way too excited.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:45 pm