RPGDot Network    

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
BG3 and NWN2 to be revealed in PC Gamer
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Halsy
I'm more excited by D&D Online! I hope they finally have some screens.

No no, please not another online :].
(Well, just a joke, I really just want several really good classical not online RPGs.
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:44 am
Morporkian/TooLoud

Bg3?

This is interesting, if not anything else. I just hope that whoever makes the games, takes time with the story part also. I don't want to have an IWD-clone.
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:11 am

Wolfgarou
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Bg3?

quote:
Originally posted by Morporkian/TooLoud
I don't want to have an IWD-clone.

I wouldn't want an IWD-clone too. IWD3 would be better

D&D online? I wouldn't pay a single dollar to play that.
quote: 'According to marketing guru Al Ries, in the long run, every market becomes a two-horse race'.
That means the future of MMORPGs will be WoW vs EQ2(or some other game if SOE fails to deliver).
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:09 pm
taosk8r

BG3, etc..

Its interesting.. For the record the scan hadn't loaded on my computer b4 I wrote my post.. I thought maybe it said something more vague like 'the followup to BG2 and NWN'. But one must remember about the 3 month delay from the time a magazine is written until it gets published.. Strikes me as a bit strange that they would be the only ones given such a hint, and that 3 months would pass without any news getting out anywhere else..
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:19 pm

Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

It's not at all strange - it's quite common. Print magazines are regularly given exclusives in return for the guaranteeing the front page / a certain amount of ceverage etc. The most recent RPG example was KotOR2 with the two Ziff-Davis mags. As for being able to keep things quiet - how many people knew about the Bethsoft - Fallout deal before it was announced.

Don't forget Grok made several posts on this very subject on the Atari boards, so it's not completely out of the blue. Sure, his posts were unsubstantiated at the time (and he back-pedalled - presumably because of the outcry that was caused) but we did hear rumours about these games.
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:44 pm
Ryder
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Baldurs Gate, still cant believe I bought that game. What a pile of pooh. The thought of NWN2 however is music to the ears.
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:01 am
Lucky Day

Bioware locked a topic pertaining to this on their HotU forum which is their main forum (top of the list).

according to NWVault

NWN 2 and BG 3 Coming out!!!
This is the NWN: HotU Forum, not the <put well known game name here>-rumor forum. BioWare's next PC Project is called Dragon Age. Therefore this thread is "offtopic" in the NWN:HotU Forum and gets locked.
-George Zoeller

here's the link: http://nwn.bioware.com//forums/viewpost.html?topic=368134&post=3026300&forum=77&highlight=

Its a pretty lame excuse and typical of them. I would hardly call this a rumour. As you may know Bioware is not going to make either of these games and have abandoned D&D and Star Wars for their own IP.
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:20 am

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgarou
quote:

Yes! Please God, let someone make IWD 3...
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:15 am

Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Well, that certainly counts as good news. I can only hope that the new BG will be the spiritual succesor the the previous titles, whoever makes it, and whoever makes NWN2 will do no less. My only hope is that Troika is making at least one of the games, and if that is true (although I very much like them to be working on a new Arcanum game, but this would still be good news) they do a better job and combine Arcanums great story/character development with ToEE's marvellous combat.
And I certailny hope to see IWD 3.
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:18 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgarou
quote:

Yes! Please God, let someone make IWD 3...

I seconds that, k god? I heard that? and there was IWD 3...
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:22 pm

Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I just hope it's ported FROM the PC to consoles and not vice versa, but folks I wouldn't hold your breath, but thanks to these stupid console systems there just isn't a lot of development money floating around for the PC. I hated the way Knights of the old Republic handled it's inventory and basic interface, and Thief 3 wasn't much better, they were optomized for console controllers. I guess it's just the state of gaming today.
Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:30 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Markus
they were optomized for console controllers. I guess it's just the state of gaming today.

And we will see more and more such games. I suppose it is easier to convert console controls to PC controls than PC controls to console controls.
Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:33 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2