chances on enchanting items ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Fukuro
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

chances on enchanting items ?

i tried to figure out myself how the chances are calculated by game-mechanics, but i absolutly suck.
maybe some of the smarter guys in this forum can tell me on what exactly a successful enchant might happen.
please no general answer - i know i need high skill and some intelligence.
i want to know how i could calculate the neccesary skill values which would be needed...
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:52 pm
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

exact numbers aren't really available afaik, but i can give you an idea that is more specific than general.

for starters, enchant is important, but intellect is more important. to enchant a small item with a weak enchantment of 3-4 enchant points eg: soul trap in strike for 10 seconds on a mace, you could have pretty good chances with 30-40 int, and 30 or so enchant.for guaranteed sucess, you just need to boost your intelligence a bit, say 20-30 points.

now then, to do a major enchantment of say 120 enchant points, you only need maybe 40-50 enchant, but here is the tough bit, you need around 2500-3000 int points for a guaranteed success. you are reading that right. for a guaranteed success, you need to have the equivalient of total omniscience. this isn't hard to do without cheating, but i'll leave you to find that out. and example of a large enchant would be summon golden saint for 42 seconds on self placed in an exquisite amulet.
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:09 pm