Space Mace
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Space Mace

I stopped in a local place that has all kinds of weird things, and they had one of these. I asked if I could pick it up, and well, it's a real mace. With an optional razor-sharp axe blade you can attach instead of a spike. I laughed aloud, and looked at my friend who backed up like 3 steps, and just couldnt believe what I was holding.

What possible use could I ever have for such an item? Why would I ever want one? Would I actually grab it if a burglar came storming thru my front door? Am I actually going to need such a thing in ten years when I'm slugging it out in the post-apocalyptic world?

No, I dont need it, that's preposterous.. a waste of money. But I have shuriken and nunchuks, but that's different. Is it tho?

I gave it back to the counter guy, and was just amazed that something like that even exists in this day and age. It's not ornamental, this is a real, heavy, utlilitarian type weapon that would be great in a game like Fallout. I dont know why Id ever want one, but I dreamt about it last night. It's only 50 bucks, and Im not even considering buying it or anything, but...

...its only 50 bucks ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:24 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Oh, of course you wouldn't want to buy it.

I mean, what would you do other than walk around your house/yard for a few days whacking things? It's only 50 bucks. 50 bucks to whack things with the possibility of fending of robbers and using it in a post apoc world. You know, for 50 bucks, it would be a good investment for a post apoc world. Sure, there's a chance that you might not survive and a bag guy gets a hold of it but what if a good guy gets it? Think of it. YOUR weapon being used to take down the mutant leader... for only 50 bucks.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:57 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I'm thinking more a budget Katana, now that Ive been looking around online at other stuff. Only 14.99, and at least once I'm done messing with it, it'll lay nice and flat and look good on my wall

Black Samurai Warrior Sword Katana
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:41 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You know, at the end of the day I'm guessing an aluminum bat would do the job just fine and probably NOT result in people looking for the fastest way to your exits when they notice it in your house. Unlike that mace.

I have to admit, if I had one like that I'd have to hang it with a sign that read "Mr Tact" underneath it.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:38 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I'm pretty suprised by how cheap that sword is tho, I havent ordered it yet but, I think im gonna do it today. Im not expecting that much of it, you get what you pay for most times. Might get two and do the criss-cross thing on the wall, potential great fun when guests can actually be challenged to a swordfight.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:08 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You'd be better off with the mace than that thing. Most swords you can get off the Internet are cheap knock-offs in plastic sheaths that aren't worth the money. You're better off buying a real sword from a reputable swordmaker.
Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:53 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

too late, it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow

Like I was saying tho, this is like swing it around a few times, pose in the mirror with it a few times in nothing but my boxers, maybe take it over to a friends house or something, then come put it on my wall above my pc or something.
Worst thing is I lose 15 bucks and the thing falls apart, or perhaps the opposite and I'll really dig it and decide to go for something real, in that case it's a 15 dollar preview of a new potential hobby.

I would have given my left eye for one of these back in 1985'ish

<- - i found a Mr T smiley!
Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 am
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Haha, no way I could have resisted buying it. Though I'm partial to baseball bats for whacking stuff, and wooden rather than aluminium.
Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:01 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

got it, and actually it's pretty cool for the money. Yes, the scabbard is made out of a shiny black plastic, but it's pretty thick, and the blade is attached to the handle pretty well. The hilt kinda sucks, they went for some kind of decorative dragon thing there, but Im prolly gonna cut that off anyway.

The blade seems pretty nice thus far. I havent went and hit anything really solid with it, I have no doubt it would cleave skin pretty easily. Nice basic sword.
Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:45 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Cool, you should buy a watermelon or something and see how cleanly it chops it in half, lol.
Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:35 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I doubt if it could stand against my ninja-to. It's the real deal. It chops through bone quite nicely.
Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:06 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

And how do you know that, have you tested it's effectiveness on actual bone?
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:39 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yes. Flesh too. Who needs a butcher knife when you've got a sword?
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:51 am