Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Star Wars: Galaxies - An Empire Divided (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

When bountyhunters get missions the target can be either a NPC or anyone that has breached their contracts, so i dont think faction really matters in that case. Now if i was overt, i would be able to attack any Imperial i see, but even if i am covert, i will still be able to hunt down anyone that has breached their contract, be they rebel or imperial. Even if the target is rebel, its still their fault since they made themselves have a bounty, so even while i will be with the rebellion, i will still hunt down any rebel that i am assigned to. I know, i know, thats kinda strange, but true.
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:25 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Well, that's the true spirit of being a bounty hunter. The bounty on your target is worth more to your than your alliance(s)..

Makes me wonder if I want to be in the same PA as a bounty hunter.. hmmm..

Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:51 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I think its better to have a bountyhunter on your side than not, lol. I will refrain from collecting the bounty on a guildmember, of course. And if i ever get tired of bountyhunting i just might retire for a while into a farmer or crafter or something, lol. So many professions, so few skill points Actually i am not altogether sure about same faction targets, Lucasarts might have removed that kind of thing from the system since it doesnt really make sense -- i mean rebels killing off rebels doesnt make much sense, same for imperials -- but we wont know for sure until the NDA is lifted...
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:26 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Ok well I've since found out that while SWG has SCS, the FS is an entirely new character altogether. At first I was going to make a simple farmer/trader and try to follow Luke's lifesyle as close as possible, thinking maybe thats the way to open the slot. Now it turns out that FS can be made (and opened) anyway you want. So yes, I am still going to try for blaster, vehicle or droid maker. But if we're strong in resources and weak on muscle, then maybe I'll go bounty hunter too. Im not much for the simple, quiet life
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:23 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I was thinking, guys..

If we are the only ones that are going to be in the RPGdot PA, perhaps one of us should have some skills in the medic profession? I mean..if you two are the muscle and I'm the brain, who will mend our wounds? Don't misunderstand me, I will tag along on your trips, but my main focus will be keeping the home fires burning while I come up with schematics for armor / weapons...but I need to do my share of sightseeing too!

I just think someone needs a bit of skill in medical treatment...what do you guys think?
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:29 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I planned out my char (with the small info available though) for bountyhunter profession and in the plan i have a few medical skill boxes... That wont be a problem since we have enough skill points to master 3 and 1/2 disciplines, so any of us can always just pick up a few medic skills... also i am planning on getting the scout camping skills so that while we are out away from towns we can log off or rest in the camp or whatnot...
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:30 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

That's a good idea Ammon..at least one of us needs to be able to set up camp in the wild.

The more I think about it, the more I want to adventure...perhaps I'll pick up crafting as a secondary skill. I mean, 3 guns are better than 1 in a fight, right? I think I would go for some sort of marksman type character. That way I could pick bad guys off from a distance..Be the artillery for the Bounty Hunters in the group..

I could learn some cooking skill, maybe...don't know if that would benefit us out in the wilderness or not. How many different ways are there to cook up a Gungan??
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:38 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Well i guess you can toast gungan, roast gungan, fry gungan, shabob gungan, burn gungan, make sandwiches, and make gungan stew

If we take missions and stuff i am thinking we will be able to make some money for the guild. Besides, even if we dont make much money, dude we have 5+ years to play this and make money, no worries, LOL; probably i will start out as an adventurer and just before the space expansion comes out i will likely want to buy a house and also get a spaceship, so i will probably start crafting in about 8 months

Yeah and we could even craft on the side of adventuring since we can pick up artisan any time and make a few bucks - err i mean, credits...
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:29 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

almost forgot, there are scout skills where you can get stuff off of creatures you kill, we can sell that stuff, i think its called 'harvesting'..
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:32 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yep..I read that too..sort of like in Gothic where you could learn to harvest body parts off of creatures you kill.

One thing we will have to do is make a house for the guild, or one of us can buy a house we can all share. The reason for that is, you can't just "drop" an item. You have to be indoors, in a location where you have permission to drop an item. So, if we go out questing, and get our hands on treasure we want to hang on to, we need a place to stash it. Our guild house can be on Tattooine, too, if you guys want to stick it there...
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:51 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

We can start out with a mutual house but eventually we will want a guild hall like all the other guilds. That way we each can eventually have our own personal houses in addition to the huge guild hall where all the officers can drop stuff and we can jazz the place up with pictures, rugs, furniture, ect. I hope you can put a lot of stuff inside buildings. But starting out with a mutual house is a good idea since we wont have all that much money at first.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:37 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Sweet..It will be like my old college days..A bunch of guys sharing a pad.. come in to eat, sleep, shower..and then we'd see each other in a week or so.

Hopefully our guild will have a bit more interaction than that!
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:29 pm
Test

Just a heads up from a current tester...

There are a lot of bugs still, there is very little content, but it does look pretty when the server isn't crashing.

June would be a disaster if they launched then. If you really want to see this game succeed, better hope they don't launch till October or so.
Post Thu May 01, 2003 1:40 am

Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Very little content? sorry but i dont believe you are a real tester. I have read so many fakes its pathetic; people who lie. For one thing, if you were credible, you wouldnt be posting here because you wouldnt be bothering to post on RPGDot, you would be posting on the SWG beta boards or the official boards. And another thing, if you were credible, you wouldnt be breaking the NDA for the sake of saying it "has bugs, and little content." Thats just stupid. And you dont even have an email address. So give me one good reason why i should believe anything you say

I know enough about this game to say that there is a TON of content. And of course there are bugs, its a beta. And i hope you are wrong, i hope the game will be ready in June, which i think it will be...
Post Thu May 01, 2003 4:51 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

The best time to play a craftsman is after a nice phat blunt, then you're all mellowed out and ready to roleplay
Post Fri May 02, 2003 1:06 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next