Members
Usergroups
Second Gothic 2 expansion announced?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

Second Gothic 2 expansion announced?

If you read through JoWood's press release, you may have found these lines:<blockquote><em>Approximately 30 percent of 2004’s releases will be targeted at the fast expanding console market. The schedule includes another derivative of the highly successful Gothic series as well as Add-ons for the titles SpellForce, Soldner and Wildlife Park.<br>[...]<br>JoWooD boasts an impressive line-up for 2005. Among 2005’s key titles will be Soldner II, SpellForce II, The Guild II, Star Gate SG1, another Giant title and a new sequel to the Gothic series.</em></blockquote>
<br>
<br>So, 2004 sees an addon for Gothic 2 and 2005 Gothic 3. I first thought this must be Night of the Raven, but the German version of the PR says exactly the same and also Koch Media just confirmed there will be another addon, at least they know that both the 2nd addon and Gothic 2 will be released through them.
<br>We'll keep you updated - and we also assume, the first addon must be pacing to an English version, as otherwise no one would seriously announce another addon, would they?
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:02 pm

Thats not quite how I read it. I'm not sure they are admitting to an add-on at all. They say a "derivative of the Gothic series", and that may well be Gothic 3. I also am clued by them adding to the end of that sentence "as well as Add-ons....(for other games). That could also be why the german release reads the same, they are talking G3.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd really like to play the add-on, but I'm not willing to learn German to do it.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:06 pm

Koch Media just confirmed there will be another addon, at least they know that both the 2nd addon and Gothic 2 will be released through them
are you saying a release of gothic 2? by second add on do you mean gothic 3? i dont understand what you're saying, i read the gothic 2 add-on in 2004 and gothic 3 in 2005, where did get the second add-on stuff from?
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:29 pm

Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

"Among 2005’s key titles will be Soldner II, SpellForce II, The Guild II, Star Gate SG1, another Giant title and a new sequel to the Gothic series."

Woohoo! Soldner 2, Stargate sg-1, and Gothic 3 !!! JoWood is awesome! I hope the stargate game is an CRPG, that would be SWEET.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:43 pm
Garrett

Well, the PR clearly says, that 2004 will see another derivative of Gothic 2 and 2005 a sequel of Gothic (i.e. Gothic 3)...so there is really nothing to understand, but to carefully read the text.
Also, as already said, the German PR says exactly the same, so given the fact, that the addon #1 is outfor more than 6 months now leads further to another addon.

HOWEVER, I do not believe PB is working on another addon...those guys started work on Gothinc 3 months ago and surely will neither have the manpower nor the time at all for another G2 addon...that's why I won't believe it until it is officially announced and that's why the headline is followed by a question mark.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:10 pm
amos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I see what you are saying about something in 2004, and something in 2005 now (I was the first guest). ... and since 2005 is G3, then the 2004 release must be an addon. That sounds good. It is funny that they didn't put it in the list of other games getting add-ons though. I'm beginning to wonder if something got lost in translation somewhere.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:17 pm

Well I think someone from PB or Jowood should come and tell us exactly what's happening and what this text really meant. (I dont think it will happen though )

Anyway, It was the same thing when we didnt know when Gothic 2 would be released last year. All the informations were based on rumors and it took a lonnnnggg time before we knew the release date for gothic 2. Now it's the same thing for the addon. Will we be able to play it in north America?? If yes, when??? And furthermore, now we are talking about a second addon??? What's going on???

In my opinion, someone should talk to the fans of the series and make it clear because I dont wanna live another painfull wait like I did with Gothic 2

Well that was my opinion but I reeeeaaaaaallly think that we should be more informed by the developper or Jowood or Atari because we make them live and we buy their games with our money!

Am I right?
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:36 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

It could be like this:
2004 gold edition in Germany (next week ) and G2 add-on or gold edition internationally
2005 G3 worldwide

It would explain why JoWooD doesn´t call that Gothic something an add-on.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:37 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

What about that Night of the Raven for the USA ?!? I still dont have it !!!

(and no i cant speak or read German)
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:14 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Well that was my opinion but I reeeeaaaaaallly think that we should be more informed by the developper or Jowood or Atari because we make them live and we buy their games with our money! Am I right?

I'm sure PB are restricted by their publishers but otherwise I wholeheartedly agree. Good communication with the fans has got to be good for business and I really don't understand what publishers think they achieve by restricting or hiding things - other than endless speculation and complaints.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:23 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Theyre trying to build up hype with lies. LIES !!!
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:56 pm
hammermd23
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Ammon777
What about that Night of the Raven for the USA ?!? I still dont have it !!!

(and no i cant speak or read German)

Yeah! I read somewhere that this is supposed to make it a whole new game! Any of you RPGDot insiders know when the English versioni will go gold?
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:34 pm
Garrett

yes, we do, but we wont tell you *hahaha*
seriuosly: if we knew, you would have read it on RPGdot...sorry, no info so far
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:36 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I suspect due to way the UK Gothic 2 was three odd disk, then adding on Night of the Raven add-on is a bit much, and all the patches.

It would make more sense to to publish a German Gold Edition featuring original Gothic 2 plus Raven add-on together in one nice set of CDs.

If we are lucky, they will publish that 'Gold Edition' in English internationally.

I can assume there will be the German gold edition G2 + Raven. Followed by International version later this year?

Having it all packed together can sell for more money and this time make a good distribution system to get the word out. The add-on adds so much more to the original game G2, it could be sold as a 'stand alone' Gold Edition of Gothic 2. Plus more profit for them.
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:08 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

If JoWood doesnt allow me to buy a US English copy of Gothic2 and the Raven expansion pack, im NOT GONNA BUY ANY OF THEM. Im sick of this. Im not gonna bother with a stupid game if they dont make the damn thing available!
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:44 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next