Usergroups
with the huge enormous, exploitable demo stuff, is it worth
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Maleraka
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I played the demo, i did everything available, used cheats to see everything in the world, the monsters, magic etc, now is it worth it to go and buy the game when its released in the USA?
Post Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:30 am
Garrett

You can bet!
Post Fri Oct 26, 2001 8:23 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

If you tried all the cheats to look at the monsters and magic, you obviously like the game. So the answer to your question is yes.

You don´t know at least 3 of the main locations plus 75% of the area, could not get a single quest for the NC and Psi careers, and most likely you have no idea of the main storyline.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-10-26 03:26 ]
Post Fri Oct 26, 2001 8:24 am

Yes you should buy it to support PiranhaBytes. When a company makes a great game like this the reason to buy the game is to support the company so they can make more games. So if you really like this game then buy it. That being said, you probably havent seen a majority of whats in the final game, so BUY IT.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2001 4:07 pm

Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Definately, what good is seeing all the monsters and spells. You can see pictures of those all over the internet. But you don't have the story, and the quests, and everything there is to do. Just because you have loaded everything and know what it looks like.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:22 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Is looking at the monsters, skills, and areas all you play the game for?

Personally, I want the dialog, story and actual gameplay.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2001 9:27 pm
Bourrie
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:

On 2001-10-25 22:30, Maleraka wrote:
I played the demo, i did everything available, used cheats to see everything in the world, the monsters, magic etc, now is it worth it to go and buy the game when its released in the USA?

Cheating the demo is certainly not playing the game! I also did that with the German demo! It's not even a fraction of the fun playing the full version! Buy it and you'll not be disappointed!

Post Fri Oct 26, 2001 9:37 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don’t like cheating either…It spoils the game. What’s the sense of playing a game when you’re going to override the game play anyway?

Sylvio
Post Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:10 pm
Vincent The Great
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hi Bourrie! How's life? Haha cool I even see you here!

I play the english demo and it is great (dispite that sick problem where I made a topic about)! I will absolutely not cheat in the demo for I want everything to be a surprice! I haven't even seen much screenshots! I heard from much people (like you bourrie) that Gothic is a divine game and when I buy the game, not knowing much about it, I think I will truly scream out in pleasure and jumping up and down yelling that Gothic is a game from the Gods. PERIOD.

Post Sun Nov 04, 2001 11:03 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

You have to be an idiot not to buy this game. I haven't purchased a game in almost 2 years seeing as how I didnt like most of the garbage that was being put out on the market. The American and Canadian gaming companys can't make games worth shit and there ideas just plain suck. I want to give thanks to this great new company(located in Germany unfortuantly) that we finally have a game worth paying for. I have not seen a game this good since final fantasy 7. If your into rpgs like me, then trust me when I say that you should deffenitly buy this masterpiece. Its not to often we recieve a game with this much creativity and effort put into it. You'll be making a mistake not purchasing it.
Post Mon Nov 05, 2001 5:56 pm
Vincent The Great
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Haha! I think I don't know even half how freakin' good this game is, according to all those comments!

Post Mon Nov 05, 2001 7:34 pm
Bourrie
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:

On 2001-11-05 11:56, MC_Renzy wrote:
The American and Canadian gaming companys can't make games worth shit and there ideas just plain suck.

Don't be to hard, from what I've seen playing the demo, Canadian Sirtech has made one hell of a game with "Wizardry 8"!

Post Mon Nov 05, 2001 9:05 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I live in Ottawa, Ontario which is where the game wizardry 8 was made. Tryed the demo but just couldnt get into the game. Maybe the full release will be better but I dought it. Anyways, who needs that game when you've got Gothic arriving in stores in just two weeks. By the way, I read on the site that Gothic was arriving at the States but it doesnt say anything about Canada. Usually everything the Americans get, the Canadians get as well. I dont know what I would do if this game didnt arrive on the 15th. Can anyone give me some reassurance?
Post Mon Nov 05, 2001 10:06 pm
Bourrie
Village Leader
Village Leader

Xicat will publish GOTHIC in the following territories:
North America, France, Benelux, Scandinavia, England, Italy, Australia, New Zealand and Korea

Release Date for North America is 11/15/2001!

That's what you can read on the official Website of "Gothic"! And North America is both US and Canada, so .... don't worry, be happy

Post Mon Nov 05, 2001 10:47 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Thanks man, you made my day.
Post Mon Nov 05, 2001 11:30 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next