Usergroups
Flesheater Slime
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Hamsterlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wow... Just when I thought it was safe to wander about, I encounter one of these babies!!!!! I have been wandering around in the Demo, trying to see how far I can get. I have done everything imaginable, except for get everyone to the maximum level. They are all currently L-10, but they are still gaining points, so I think they must be able to progress further.

So, since I am able to easily crush even the nastiestst of monsters yet encountered, I had become a bit... jaded. In hopes of stirring up some worthy foes to gain the last 50,000 points for 2 of my characters, I decided to wander about in that sludge pit. Then I tried something new. I walked back and forth through the sludge, from one entrance to the other, about 10 times. Upon venturing once more into the rest of the tunnels, I immediately encountered a very angry Level 14 Fleasheater Slime.

It was quite a battle as well. It targetted my strongest character, the Lizardman Fighter, and took him down by about 80% in a SINGLE TURN!!! I was amazed! My fighter has about 130 HP, and the Iron Skin thingy is up to about 15, not to mention I had cast an Armor spell as soon as I saw the slime. I managed to kill it without loosing any characters, however. Once it died, I received something called "Impaling Stones". I guess the bard has some more ammo.
Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:04 am
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I thought the Succubus slime was the most powerful...WOW...how many HP did that thing have? I know the Succubus has about 300, when I maxxed out the demo I was able to beat those things easily.

Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 5:46 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Isn't the adamantium slime the king of slime-dom? They might not show up in the demo, though. Those guys are highly resistant to everything, magic and physical both. Only thing that saves you is that they don't dish out much damage. My melee types were doing around 80HP damage per round each when I came across those slimes. I was lucky to do 10 each in a round.
Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:11 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes Adamantium slimes are strongest slimes but maybe not most dangerous. They have highest HP and are extremly resistant to melee and ranged attacks and not so resistant to magics (my strongest fighter was able to do them around 4 - 8 damage, to other creatures he was able to do 100 - 180).

They are not so dangerous because they ussually attack only in groups of one or two.

But they are very dangerous to parties with not high stamina because fight with them is very long.
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 6:54 am
Hamsterlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, of the slimes I have encountered so far, the most dangerous is a toss-up between Succubus and Flesheater. Both are red. So, it seems that while other slimes may have more HP, that when you see a red slime, you had better hit it with everything you can spare, cause it is dangerous.
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 7:11 pm