View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
+buG
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

2 Handed Weapons Training

sme again.
After the old mine went corrupt, I was forced to search and search for an alternative source to train myself in 2 handed weapons. I beat up Lee for his awsome 105p axe, now if I could only spend my 50 exp points on some 2 handed training I will be unstoppable. Problem is, the only group of people I see using two handed weapons are the sect groupies. Im a necro and cannot jion the "brotherhood" in order to increase my skills... Anybody know where to find a teacher? Or am I pretty scrood at this point?
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:15 am
Gothic7
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Lee can teach you 2handed weapon training. 1st level costs 30 skill points, and level 2 costs 40 skill points
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:23 am
+buG
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I asked him...
You think its cuz I joined the 6th cirlce? Cuz necromander is a guild by itself i think. You automatically become a necro after the sixth cirle mage. Bah, Im so confused
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:41 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I've never had that problem before. It is possible that you can't increase your skill at this point in the game. Don't take my word for it though. Wait for Gorath or Erb or someone else to respond to this thread before spending your saved skill points.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:50 am
Wolfie The Unholy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hmm... that scopio-guy-thingy or whatever his name is in the old camp (in the castel) can also learn u how to use it .. but i guess that aint of much use seens u have to be a guard but u can spawn the char. helper guy .. its cheating but if u cant find no other way it'll work .. turn on "marvin-mode" press F2 .. type "inster CH" jusr use the guy and he can give u level and some skills and stuff like that ... if i remember this right u will also after learning two-handed weapon skill from him get the troll fist .. nice axe gives 100 but if u got the 105 guess that aint of much use .. well anyway this should work ..

enjoy =)
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:13 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I think after inserting him at this point in the game he would just attack you again like the first one does/did. Not sure though.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:20 am
Wolfie The Unholy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

uhmm... SirDiety .. i think u mean the all-migthy warrior .. that guy eats u up and spits u out but this other guy can learn u alot of shit ..
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:24 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Actually, Scorpio is the guy who trains you in the cross-bow. Thorus is the guy who trains you in two-handed combat. If I read the initial question correctly, he is asking where he can go to improve his skill now that he is banned from the old camp. If he is banned from the old camp then inserting a member of the old camp will result in either him getting attacked or the unit running from him because he is too strong. In the case of either Thorus of Scorpio, he would just get attacked.

I could be wrong in part. I have never cheated in Gothic, therefor I don't know if the results will be different using a cheat to insert the character. I am only assuming that if you insert a character that would ordinarily attack you, then he will just attack you, period. Otherwise, it would be safe to conclude that the inserted character is truly unique, not sharing the same objectives as the original character.

If your referring to Thorus or Scorpio as the "all-migthy warrior," assuming you met to say, "all mighty warrior," then you should probably know that both these characters can be easily defeated. Note that doing so before the point of being banned from the old camp could lead to problems.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:45 am
Wolfie The Unholy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok SirDiety .. u are right about me mixing up Thorus and Scorpio .. just had something else on my mind there but the all mighty warrior aint any of them ita a uniqe char. who cant be killed (not even useing the kill command in the console) but he is not the guy to insert .. the guy to insert is another uniqe guy who looks like u self and can give u upto level 30+skillpoints learn u one and two-handed weapon skills and bow/crossbow + acrobat. and sneaking .. and also magic level upto 6 .. and can also give u a guild .. so i guess we aint talking bout none of thoses two here .. but seens u havent cheated i can see why u wouldnt get that from the start ..
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:55 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Wolfie, it's very annoying to try to read your shorthand.
You are talking about the Character Helper and the Story Helper.

+buG: Lee is the only two-handed trainer available after you were kicked out of OC and if you didn't join the Brotherhood. Perhaps he doesn't like the fact that you beat him up...

=EDIT=
SirDiety: Inserting Thorus at this stage will actually result in him attacking you. The invincible guy WTU was talking about might be the Allrounder test character. He's quite invincible, and he'll attack you as soon as you're trying to talk to him.

Last edited by Jaz on Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:22 am
Wolfie The Unholy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Jaz...
i never said anything about story helper
and if u think theres something wrong whit the way i write then sue me .. a guy from denmark cant do much better .. atleast i cant
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:25 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I think there are a lot of foreigners who visit this forum. I think that is why a lot of the posts are hard to read. Its actually respectable seeing so many posts from people who don't even use english as their primary language.

There is of course the occasional adolescents who post and just aren't old enough to know any better. I'm sure also, that there are some who type like that intentionally because they are just plain lazy...

I just wanted to make a note of that. It would be really harsh to generalize in this manner. In the case of WTU, it would be wrong to assume that he is typing like that intentionally. I'm not criticizing anyone. I just don't want anyone getting upset.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:29 am
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by +buG
I asked him...
You think its cuz I joined the 6th cirlce? Cuz necromander is a guild by itself i think. You automatically become a necro after the sixth cirle mage. Bah, Im so confused

There is no way to learn 2h fighting after becoming a necromancer W/O cheating. If you want to cheat, here's what to do:

type MARVIN in 's' mode,
exit 's' mode and press F2,
type 'insert ch',
talk to the guy and learn 2h fighting!
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:48 am
+buG
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by TheMightyPaladin

There is no way to learn 2h fighting after becoming a necromancer W/O cheating. If you want to cheat, here's what to do:

type MARVIN in 's' mode,
exit 's' mode and press F2,
type 'insert ch',
talk to the guy and learn 2h fighting!

Well, your the first person to make it crystal clear :]
I don't quite understand how to get to s (whatever "s mode" is) but lets say i figure it out and i push f2 and type 'insert ch', do I need to enter the name of the character right after insert ch...?
Whats his name?
Where will he pop up?
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:34 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Open your stats screen (where strength, dexterity, mana, etc is displayed).
Type marvin (you won't see the text).
Exit the screen.
The words Marvin-Mode will appear in the top left hand corner of the screen. When this shows up you know you've done it right.
Hit F2 (a console will open up).
Type insert ch (the program is smart so you'll only have to type i for insert, it fills in the rest of the word ) You don't have to type anthing else.
Hit enter.
A person looking remarkably like your char will pop in right in front of you.
He's called Character Helper. Talk to him. He speaks German so you may have to guess a few things. So save before talking to him!
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:58 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next