Could use some gameplay advice on Gothic 2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Could use some gameplay advice on Gothic 2

Hey all. Been playing Gothic 2 for a while now and could use some advice. I’m starting to get frustrated again as I was at the beginning. My stats:

Strength 31
Dex 35
Mana 20
Hit Points 156

Weapons 40
Projectiles 40
Dragon Fire 5
Magic 5

1 handed 32
2 handed 10
Bow 20
Crossbow 10

As you can see I think I may have put to many LP’s into too many things as both the manual and guide I got from the web say to put most of your points into one area, ie; 1 handed fighting or just bow, or magic. I personally like the crossbow, however I’ve already put in 20 LP’s into bow, but the crossbow is much more powerful even at only 10, so I’ve put all those LP’s into bow that I don’t even use anymore. This is my first real RPG so I’m not sure what to do. I love the game but I also hate to start over as I’ve already put about 15 hrs into it. I just went to the mines and ran into a couple of trolls and there’s no way I’m going to beat them so I headed back to town and was going to put another 5 LP’s into dex, and maybe the two extra into crossbow. Have I spread things out too much? I've tried not to use the online guide very often as thought I was smart enough on my own but apparently not. Any advice would be greatly apprecitated.
Post Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:01 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

My first advice would be to post in the Gothic 2 spoilers forum.

Second, since you like the crossbow, train for it....but not how you think. ONLY up your dex so you can get stronger crossbows. The crossbow training, which you have 10 in, only improves accuracy/kill shots and is not worth the LP's, especially earlier in the game. Bolts are cheap if you miss, but LP's are dam hard to come by.

I never train the bow or crossbow, simply for that reason. You can always buy arrows or bolts, but you can't buy LP's

Somewhere along you will need to get your strength up to about 50, but do it after you have your dex up at least that high. It is also very wise to save LP's as long as you can, then if you need to up a stat you have them to spend.

Lastly, save eraly, save often, and save in more than one slot...good luck.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:08 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

testing
Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:33 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I already wrote in your last thread that it´s a mistake not to specialize your character. RPGs get a lot harder this way.
Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:53 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: tips

quote:

I just went to the mines and ran into a couple of trolls and there’s no way I’m going to beat them so I headed back to town and was going to put another 5 LP’s into dex, and maybe the two

You can't kill a troll with a bow or crossbow, period.

You were probably near Grom the hunter. The best tactic is to lure the troll to Grom then sneak behind the troll and deal it the last blow( for the points ).

Playing ranger has a tough road and it only makes sense if you play the merc since spells are far more effective than arrows/bolts with the paladin or mage.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:49 pm