Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
bad news - oblivion out in February or later.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
Alohan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hey! why is gamesopt showing 12/5/05 for Xbox and PC releases, gamespot doesn't put any release date until it's clear. Black and white 2 release date varied a lot on other sites but gamespot always showed TBA...It could be wrong , dono...
Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:08 pm
Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Dhruin: but if it was to be expected, why would the person responsible for PR negate a rumor of a delay two weeks ago, which is what made the fans A LOT more confident that the game would be out in time.

Bethesda still hasn't come out with a statement - and I definitely do not believe the extra time they need for bug fixes is months. I'm not saying Take2 is lying, but there are many ways to take a run with the truth.

Alohan: I wouldn't put my trust in Gamespot, they tend to set dates without knowing them at all - - they've done it before.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:15 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I can't answer that. Because they were under pressure from Microsoft so there would a launch RPG? Because they were under pressure from T2 for Xmas sales? Because they pressured themselves to get Microsoft's launch-game bonus? Because the devs kept saying they could get it done...until even they had to admit they couldn't? This has happened many times before - sometimes the suits drive these things but sometimes the devs just don't want to admit they were wrong/stuffed up/couldn't get it done. Dunno.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:47 pm
Alohan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hey they are dissapointing us more than I imagined, but there's still no word from a dev so we still got hope... But what's the real problem?
Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:24 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

They Spilt Coffee on there computer's and now they gotta start all over again
Post Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

They just haven't finished. Finally, conclusiveness... I wished to be able to play it next month, but I'm satisfied they want to completely finish it before putting it out.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:34 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Hey guys,

Is it just me or do you too think that some people are taking this issue a way too seriously.For instance the situation on the official forums was just downright horrible, people just yelling for eachother and bashing devs in every freaking thread.
I wonder why some people get so hysterical instantly.I mean seriously this ain't the first time that some game gets delayed and certainly this is not worth losing a temper.Its not like there are not other games worth of playing or other things to do.

Luckily discussions are allways quite civilized here, which just proves why rpgdot kicks ass .
Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:49 am
Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

not necessarily more civil, just less crowded.

It's not that hard to figure out though. When you really have your mind set on something, and it doesn't happen, your mind makes it seem far bigger than it really is... especially if you're not used to that.

Think of the suicide rate. Most people who commit suicide are rich people, with a great life and everything going for them. Because, when everything's gone your way in your life, a minor setback can be such a huge blow to the morale, whereas that setback for someone who's had a life of hardship and anguish, means nothing at all.
Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:02 pm
Alohan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

If you played Dungeon Lords you would not want a game unfinished, it was empty, nothing, rooms with 4 walls, I don't want that to happen to a game like Oblivion. But I was right all along, they dissapointed us, telling they were giving the final touch(forks plates ...)!!! Oh well...
Post Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
I can't answer that. Because they were under pressure from Microsoft so there would a launch RPG? Because they were under pressure from T2 for Xmas sales? Because they pressured themselves to get Microsoft's launch-game bonus? Because the devs kept saying they could get it done...until even they had to admit they couldn't? This has happened many times before - sometimes the suits drive these things but sometimes the devs just don't want to admit they were wrong/stuffed up/couldn't get it done. Dunno.

Yes, that's it. I absolutely agree with you.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:41 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

I think it's a new marketing tactic. It seems to have worked for Valve, Vivendi and Half-Life 2.

=O
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:41 am
Swordplayer
City Guard
City Guard

Hey I dunno if its right but I think its being released on the 360 on March the 24th. Just incase that helps.
Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:36 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2