Online version??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Online version??

Who knows when will apear the online version of the game?????

Last edited by Jazzy_s on Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:29 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Nobody knows that. I'm sure that PB themselves don't know either. PB is always saying that they want to focus on SP games. So i can only give you a very hypothetical reply. If G3 will be a success and MMORPG's will continue to rise in popularity then perhaps we will see a Gothic MMoRPG.

I hope that i didn't blow your party with my answer
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:59 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I don't think there will ever be an online vesion of gothic. I don't think it is possible to make the game as great as it is in a MMORPG formula.
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:18 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

IMHO Gothic would suck online. The main story is: you are alone and facing many challenges. You must learn to defeat the challenges alone(maybe you get clues from others, but you will do it mainly by yourself)

I like that in the Gothic series.....it is up to ME to get things done. It is up to me how hard I want to make the game. It is up to me to decide if I will do a quest....it is up to me.

I have read that G3 will allow "help" from other characters, like forming a party, but RIGHT NOW, I don't like the idea at all....but I trust PB.

Yup, I thought it over some more....online would suck big time.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:17 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

There won't be a multiplayer version. Maybe in a few years Jowood orders a console version, but for now it PC singleplayer only.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:22 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Why are so many rpg fans, ESPICALLY for Gothic/TES so Anti-multiplayer?

Yes, "mmorpg" style would suck, aswell as generic types.

However I think Co op with you and a friend would OWN if they could do it decently.

Co Op is one of the most asked for multiplayer types, yet it's one of the most overlooked.

It isn't a "console only" thing, many many pc players love co op through the net/lan aswell.

Imagine playing gothic side to side with a friend in the world, both seperate from each other but playing together.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:05 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I agree. I love to play Co-op games with my friends. Guild wars is a good example.

Obviously if Gothic were to have Co-op it would be nothing like Guild wars. But I think it would heighten the enjoyment so much more if you could explore the Gothic world with a couple of friends.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:20 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Playing World of Warcraft myself day and night now with my lvl 60 Paladin called Keldorn(now where did I get that name from.. hmm.. ).

Gothic would have to be completely redone to fit as a MMORPG, so basically I don't even want multiplayer in the gothic universe. However, I am greatly anticipating PBs' future projects, and wouldn't mind them making a MMORPG(not in the Gothic universe, but some new universe) - it's not the universe in Gothic alone that makes it special, it's the fact that PB made it.. the guys are excellent, and very good with the small details that makes Gothic feel the way it does. I do believe they could make a great MMORPG too, but don't do so in the Gothic universe, it wouldn't feel "gothic" at all.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:42 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Just to clarify incase anyone misunderstood what I meant:

I think a Gothic MMORPG would be a huge waste of time. I am talking about adding co-op to Gothic. Even just allowing the other players to be henchmen would be cool.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:53 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You mean Baldurs Gate/Neverwinter Nights kind of multiplayer. I guess that could work, but only if they reduced the heroes' powers. As it is right now our solo hero can take on armies on his own - if there were two of him it would be insane, hehe.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:05 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I agree ! Teh best solution would be to implement multiplayer support within a SP game and see what the fans are thinking about it.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:46 pm
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I've just seen this article @ gamespot. looks like there will be some sort of multiplayer/online capabilities.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/15/news_6131049.html
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:06 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:
Originally posted by Drake5
I've just seen this article @ gamespot. looks like there will be some sort of multiplayer/online capabilities.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/15/news_6131049.html

not really.

Xfire is a gaming messaging/buddy list service.

It merely means that more then likely if you use xfire your friends will know that you're playing, etc and can message you and things while you're playing.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:24 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

There won't be any kind of multiplayer mode, no CO-OP, no multiplayer part.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:32 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I do not believe Elderscrolls or Gothic will ever really have multiplayer. Both focus so much on getting the SP as good as possible, that they don't have any time to adapt it to mulitplayer. I actually like that, as I never play multiplayer unless it's a MMORPG. I just play the main story of a game, not even skirmish etc in strategy games, simply because it's mostly the story that makes me want to play the game, not the hacking and slashing.
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:29 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next