Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Some thoughts on the final chapter (spoilers!)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Burns11
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I like the ship sinking (especially with the funny little "gold" cutscene). How about you wash up on shore, the Orcs have won the war while you are gone and you are thrown into an orcish slave camp from which you have to escape?

What guilds would there be though? Water and fire mage? You'd have to have a few (basically) warrior classes, Paladin (or something for the king/government) and resistance (basically the new mercs)? Maybe you could choose to be a spy for the orcs (it would make for some interesting armor/weapons/quests)?

Spy isn't the right word. I mean just working for the Orcs (not selling out the "free" humans).
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:21 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

"Messiah of Innos"
That's a good one. It'd make sense.
Xardas knew our guy was "the chosen one".

You can't read that in any book.

I wouldn't be surprised if the script started to look like something out of the New Testiment.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:25 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The hero is, well, an avatar.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:20 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Who knows if we get to know more info about our hero's backround in gothic3..I've been thinking if he has the right to claim crown?In gothic 3 his mission would be saving the entire kindom of myrtany from evil and ofcourse proving himself worthy to his people.(like passing some difficult tasks and tests to prove his is the chosen one who has come to fullfill some acient prohecy,like "Ón the edge of defeat from the sea arrives a new king, chosen by innos/adanos to save our kindom").It would be cool also to find out what has happened in his past .Perhaps Rhobar knew something like this and that is why he sent hero to colony memory whiped, that he didn't need to abdicate?What if xardas knows this aswell?It would be intresting to find out, why does he keep helping so much?what are his reasons for all this?I don't think he is the most friendliest person who carries trouble of his fellowmen...
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:03 am
ShadowX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy

IMHO, one point in Gothic is to start a hero with zero experience.

Just some more thoughts. The whole Sleeper and Irdorath thing is caused by Xardas. So, who knows whether the entire human-orc war is also another conspiracy caused by Xardas himself? What happens if both humans and orcs know about the conspiracy? Will they join together and fight against Xardas? Will the hero become their leader?

One more thing. We still don't know the hero's identity yet. Who is he? Messiah of Innos? King Rhobar's only heir?

Now those are some good ideas
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:57 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I doubt ur-Shak will be around, unless he's undead cause I killed him..he wasn't immortal or anything. I'd expect to see Milten, Diego, Lester, Gorn, Lee and Xardas again tho.
I think Xardas will be using the orcs, along with a bunch of demons and undead to try and conquer the world, the first kingdom to fall would be Myrtania, and your hero has to stop Xardas somehow, but it's complicated because Lee wants to get his revenge, the hero has to choose either to help the King and defeat Xardas, or help Lee and defeat Xardas and the King, or join the mages. It would be nice if you could choose between 4 guilds, have 2 kinds of mages, fire and water or possibly have to change guilds at some point, like in Gothic 1 you got kicked out of the Old Camp at the end of chapter 3 and then you could join the new camp instead. Something similar in Gothic 3 perhaps? And ofcourse -a theives guild, perhaps with more quests this time?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:50 pm
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

how the hell can orcs conquer other kingdoms have you seen gothic 1 starting video all other countries have fallen and orcs have conquered them only Myrtania is free
I think it was so
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:34 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I fnished the game last night. Big, big thumbs up. One of the best CRPGs I have ever played (and I've played plenty) and I can say that with authority.

I thought the last chapter felt a bit rushed and the big baddie was a pushover for me (level 39 Palladin). But I really like the Xardas twist. Xardas has been my favortie character throughout the series because his intentions have always been unclear. Is he your ally? (it would seem so). Why is he so interested in you? Why does he want to remain hidden?
His quest to capture the true essence of Belliar's power actually ties into Gothic I's conclusion pretty well also. I always wondered why he showed up at the Sleeper temple, then just collapsed. That was his failed attempt the first time. I think the developers must have had this story arc in mind from the begining ....

In a way, I was a bit dissapointed in the Xardas turn as well. I kinda liked having him as this powerful, "I'll help you, but keep it quiet" kind of ally.

Then again, a great setup for Gothic 3.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:46 pm
vallimar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I personally can't really see the Hero being able to join the Water Mages.
The undead dragon made it pretty clear that the Hero was the Avatar
of Innos. Just as the dragon was the Avatar of Beliar. That is why Xardas
calls him 'the chosen one'. It's also supposed to be the reason you are
able to pass the 'test of fire' as a mage, since only the chosen is supposed
to be able to. Although, that was a pretty lame test. I didn't even play a
mage at first and I figured out how to kill the golem as soon as I found
out about the hammer for my thief mission. But then, that's probably
because I was 'the chosen' (insert smirk).

I think they seriously scaled back the ending. The dragons told you that
you needed 5 companions to stand by your side in the confrontation.
Not that you just needed at least 5 lackeys to sail over there with you.

Although it was cool going back to the ship the first time and finding it under
attack by orcs. Although I'd like to know where they came from as I was
fairly certain I slaughtered them earlier in the day.

As for the ending, I think we all can agree that the dragon was a pretty
poor oppenent(sp) by the time you reach him. A few wacks and he was
dead. I was intrigued by the soul stone you can loot off his corpse though.
I didn't see anywhere to use it. Also, did anyone else notice the 3 very
long dead-end corridors branching from the chamber that seem to spawn
an infinite amount of orcs? That also leads me to think the ending bit
was very unfinished. One of the corridors didn't even have textures along
one side.

My guess for the expansion or G3 is that you will hook up with the Avatar
of Adanos someplace and the two of you must hunt down Xardas and do
some kind of voodoo to balance out the gods' presence in the mortal plane
at which time all 3 will stop being avatars and it will probably end.

This turned out much longer than I anticipated, hopefully I didn't bore
anyone too much.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:11 pm
gearningen-
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the final chapter dissapointed me to, when hearing about *the halls of irdorath* i was expecting something much more impressing.

The boss was to damned easy! i was satesfied with the ending , but as i said chapter 6 felt rushed.

as for the expansion pack i dont want it to just add things in the original campaign. i want a whole new one!!
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:44 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Expansion: Kill Xardas
Gothic III: Save kingdom

PB already said the expansion would be a part of Gothic II, and if I'm not misstaken I've heard something about G3 being in Myrtana.

Guilds in G3?
Joining the orcs is not an option.. they work for Beliar, you for Innos.

Joining Lee is probably an option. He's heading for the mainland to get revenge on the king and the nobles.

Joining the king is also an obvious option, either as Paladin, or in the army as a soldier(becoming a general, elite, personal guard of the king, or something like that).

And, of course, Magician of Fire.

BTW. Hello and welcome gærningen..
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:26 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2