Near the end - i think
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Near the end - i think

Okay I'm in the wastelands, went across the swamp, and now must kill the five minions of Janus/Demon freak. The first one I've encountered is the woman with the crystal ball..her strategy is apparently to blind me and keep casting hell spikes all around me. The thing is, I can't hit her while blind. It makes my character just run around - I can never target her. And meanwhile, the spikes just eat me up. I'm not a mage, I have nothing I can do but hit her HARD. Any strategies guys? I haven't found anything to prevent her from casting blind on me. It's very irritating and frustrating.
Post Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:48 pm
Dybbuk
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I hear yah, she is definatly the toughest opponent in the game.

I played a survivor, so I dont know how this work exactly, but I heard people that killed her with fade from sight and the warriors special move, whirldwind attack or something. The trick is to fade from sight and then use whirlwind attack _near_ her, not _at_ her, if you do it at her you come become visible again, if you do it just near her you dont.

In case you like me dont have that option, you should use a weapon with the Frost spell, make sure you get her before she blinds you, once she has done so you might aswell load, just stun her with Frost and keep hitting her and hope she never gets blind off. Even in this scenario using fade from sight (or invis potions can be very helpful).

Using poison on your weapon (if you have that skill) can also be very effective.
Post Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:24 pm
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Thanks man, I'll try that. I can fade from sight so I'll go for that first.
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:03 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Dybbuk!

Hey thanks a lot man! I faded from sight and had no problem whatsoever. I appreciate it. I had tried that before, but not with my whirlwind attack, so I kept becoming vis. She is now deceased!
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:03 am
Dybbuk
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

No problem, glad to help
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:04 am