Need some help...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Mr_Grimm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need some help...

i'v searched and read all about the sleep bug associated with importing a saved character, then after loading a saved game whilst using this character being unable to sleep in a bed. has anyone come up with a solution/fix to this bug? because i'd like to play through the game with my previous character, and this is the only problem i'v encountered in my efforts so far.

was any conclusion made as to whether it's a bug within the code and therefore unsolveable without some sort of patch or code modification?

maybe there's a mod that addresses this problem or whatever but i'v not read up on any of the mods for gothic yet.

edit: done a little research into this now, i started up a new game once again and imported my clean character (he is lvl 34 with some basic gear i kept from my previous game, after ditching all the quest items), then proceeded to the old camp and headed for diego's hut. at this point i used his bed successfully, saved the game, loaded the game, then used the bed once again. at this stage everything seems to be working fine, in my previous attempt at this, the beds seemed to stop working after i went with mordrag to the new camp and it got dark, so i used the beds there (i tried the ones up the ladder in the scraper's bar, and also most of the peasant beds) and none of them worked.

anyone got any clues as to what's going on, or why the game decides after a certain point not to allow use of beds? i don't want to be wasting another few hours only to have the beds stop working on me again
Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:58 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Welcome to the forums Mr_Grimm.

This L34 Character, has he been tweeked or is he "clean" also what commands or method/sequence did you save/insert him with.

maybe- - - or maybe or even - -
Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:04 pm
Mr_Grimm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thx for the welcome

i used the marvin mode hero import/export commands for it.

after importing the character the first time i ditched everything apart from a revenge steel sword and my ore. i then exported it again and edited the character file, changing guild and true guild values to "0"

i then started the game up again and walked up to the old camp a few times testing things, when i decided to play the game properly i encountered the sleep bug, at which point i went back to the beds which i could sleep in previously and tried again. I then restarted and imported once again and tested it in the old camp, and it seems to be working ok so far.

i'm just wondering if it is a general game bug or one specifically linked to exporting/importing characters, because this is the first time i'v come across this bug if it is just a general one.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:42 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hello again Mr_Grimm.

There is no sleep bug in Gothic but one thing is certain, only pc-hero can be made to sleep manually, that basically means your character is not a true pc-hero if you cannot sleep.
Your hero export, was it done with an original pc_hero or character helper or what everelse? - did you have more than 1 hero export e.g (1-2-3 or x-y-z) etc'.

Insert 10 pc-hero's they can all be made to sleep manually. when you changed guilds did you do it in the stat's or by command e.g "set guild / set trueguild and did it then save? ? ?

To play the game "properly" there is no need to change guilds, it is selected in the "storyline" decisions.

Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:20 pm