Quick Start
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Re: savegame

I have to disapoint you.I only have the add-on's german saves(not transelated).Sorry .Bu maybe somebody else can help you with that .
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:44 am
Malgaroth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I could never bring myself to using a quicksave for a game like Gothic II. I'd never feel right with my character if it'd been played by someone other than myself for the first part of the game... who knows what the previous "owner" has done with him? I'm such a thorough gamer I'd have to go back to Xardas' tower and go over everything he's done from there, and get all the stuff he's undoubtedly missed. Mabye he hasn't known the best solution to quests, or solved them with an outcome that doesn't fit the kind of character I wish to play? Like putting Rengaru in jail so I don't get the invite to the thieves guild (though it's still possible to join it), or beating up the hammerguy instead of getting him help? Ack I guess I'm just a perfectionist.

I'd take the time to make the save game myself, instead of risking missing out on stuff.
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:09 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

I have to agree with Malgaroth,

I bought the game for my own enjoyment, i could not "dream" of playing another person's game.
Also, every single player of Gothic/Gothic 2 has the ability to start at a predetermined point into the game by using the story helper/level changer chapter changer - - - start where you want or experiment, whatever.
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:44 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf
Also, every single player of Gothic/Gothic 2 has the ability to start at a predetermined point into the game by using the story helper/level changer chapter changer

Spawning a character or story helper is cheating. Here is the instruction:

- In game, press bmarvinb to activate the marvin (cheat) mode.
- Press F2 to open the console
- Sans quote, type 'insert ch' to spawn the character helper; type 'insert sh' to spawn the story helper.
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:23 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Kiwi Boy,

Yes i agree using the story helper, level changer is definately cheating, but i would say that using someone else's saved game is also most definately cheating.
Of course it can be helpful in certain situations to borrow another persons save game, but i would always then ask with serious "devoted game players concern" why, for what reason could you not restart a new game?
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:05 pm
DoughyMidget
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quickstarts

I agree that using a quickstart or the marvin cheat is cheating, but only if you havent yet played the game. In my case i had gotten about halfway through the game and my computer died; therefore, I'd like to get to my left off point as fast as possible. But im also not the type that replays a game just to find every little piece
Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:45 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2