NWN - the worst game I ever played
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

NWN - the worst game I ever played

The characters look horrible - I tried to pick up a human male character but I gave up those retard-looking idiots. I had to choose a gal in the end, not very content though. The character creation part is not very bad except the other races (other than human) look like monsters or, at least, are ugly like hell!
The storyline is definitely the creation of a sick mind. Everything is fake!!! One could never believe that crap.
And those clothes? WTF? Who the hell would wear those clothes? I'll tell you: the retard kids this goddam game is meant to be played by. Right? And the armor? Armor with breasts? Not only this is laughable but is absolutely grotesque. And if you choose a female char(like I did), the merchants will proudly present only armor with breasts. The logical conclusion: these puppets are a pathetic creation in a stupid game. Forget about immersion and stuff.
And those zillions of chests, USELESS ! And 99 percent are locked. And when it says 'locked', Tomi the idiot won't open it. You'll have to click once more, and again and again or click and immediately step aside so Tomi should be able to reach the lock of the chest containing 1GP. Or 2GP (lucky you)
And the voice-acting? That Lady Aribeth? wtf!
Is there any fun in this game? Have you ever smiled while playing this ridiculous game? All the games have something funny, (for example Minsc and Boo or Cespenar in Baldur's Gate) But no intelligence, no sense of humour.
I wish I had known all these things before installing the game. I would have broken the CDs in a thousand pieces.
Ridica doar degetul mijlociu!"

I'm BAD!
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:29 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Then return it.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:48 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

If all you care about are graphics, then very very few rpg's will suit you.
IMO, NWN has terrible singleplayer. Although the multiplayer ( mods, teamplay, and better content) makes the game worth buying for me.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:58 am
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm not talking only about graphics here. And on the contrary, there are quite a lot of RPGs I like. As a matter of fact I enjoyed most of the RPGs I choosed to play until now. But this piece of garbage is a smelly submediocre product I don't want to hear about ever in my life.
Anyway this is just my personal opinian, take it or leave it, I just wanted to warn the others. It's frustrating to see what you got after starting the game and it's humiliating to consider you are the target this game is adressing to.
De gustibus non disputandum.
Have fun

I'm BAD!
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:12 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

If you don't want to hear about it, then why have you sought out a NWN forum? Because frankly, you're going to hear about it here.

And yes, I will have fun hosting NWN sessions for my friends.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:39 pm
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

NWN may not be the best game ever, but I found it thoroughly enjoyable and played it again afterwards. Each to their own, but I have not found a Bioware game that disappointed yet. NWN was hours of fun, and is continuing to be hours of fun with the multiplayer game I play each Sunday. Tomi occaisionally would not automatically open a chest whithout clicking again, but it was a rare glitch and did not detract from the story or the enjoyment I had. I also thought the story was quite good, and felt sorry for Aribeth and hoped she'd get revenge.

And I am not a retard.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:28 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

LOL, Kayla, you sure aren't! Or then most of us here are. This guy just didn't like the game - no big deal. I don't like some games, too, imagine this. I agree with you - I also found NWN to be pretty good game in single-player, and absolutely amazing in multiplayer.

In fact most forums, including but not limited to RPGDot forums occasionally will have such a visitor to say a game is terrible. Most of times he/she will post only this statement and disappear. I don't understand it, but... it must be ok

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:10 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I admit I was not overly impressed with NWN but I think you are exagerating just a little. Its not that bad!
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:37 pm
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It's obvious that the majority of those on this forum will not agree with me. But
let's try to keep this discussion in a civilized manner, ok?
Val's hostile treatment was ignored and so will be this stan...whatever. What's wrong with you, stan, you're too close to russia or what?
It's so easy for these guys to associate themselves, to form clans and so on and then they start denigrating and hunting and swearing and whatnot. The group gives them the power. The power they will never get as an individual. Period.
I'm not disappearing, amigo. I'm here because you're just a click away from me.
One more thing: you come here to talk about certain individuals or to talk about game(s)?

I'm BAD!
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:05 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'm hostile? Since when did sarcasm become hostility? Compare my posts to yours. If anyone is dripping hostility, it's you.
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:12 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel
It's obvious that the majority of those on this forum will not agree with me. But
let's try to keep this discussion in a civilized manner, ok?
Val's hostile treatment was ignored and so will be this stan...whatever. What's wrong with you, stan, you're too close to russia or what?
It's so easy for these guys to associate themselves, to form clans and so on and then they start denigrating and hunting and swearing and whatnot. The group gives them the power. The power they will never get as an individual. Period.
I'm not disappearing, amigo. I'm here because you're just a click away from me.
One more thing: you come here to talk about certain individuals or to talk about game(s)?
If we're going to discuss the game, why are you talking about group dynamics? Stow the bad attitude and we'll talk.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:24 pm
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I knew it. Now I'm the bad guy, right? I rather stop here before things are getting worse.
dteowner, speaking of attitude, why would Val be "sarcastic" towards anybody on this\any forum? Is that an example of "good attitude"?
There would be much to discuss but I don't want to be a part of this anymore. I had enough of it

I'm BAD!
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:49 pm
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel
I knew it. Now I'm the bad guy, right? I rather stop here before things are getting worse.
dteowner, speaking of attitude, why would Val be "sarcastic" towards anybody on this\any forum? Is that an example of "good attitude"?
There would be much to discuss but I don't want to be a part of this anymore. I had enough of it

You started a thread ranting about a game and insulting the people who like it, what did you expect? Sorry we didn't comfort you and dry your tears. Yep, that's sarasm, in case you didn't get it, and this is about to be hostility: F'off!
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:05 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm not trying to be hostile, I respect your opinion. My opinion is different. It is not a group mentality where we are ganging up on you, we are obviously just different people that enjoyed the game. Sarcasm is not hostility, and you are entitled to your opinion; however, I do not think it appropriate to go to a forum for the lovers of the game and trash it.

I did not particularly enjoy Morrowind- but I would never go to a forum with the people that love the game and speak of it negitavely. The reason I didn't like Morrowind was me, not the game. I like a stuctured game and not a game that is so vast it is impossible to explore it all.

Maybe we should all have a coffee/beer/soft drink before we continue the discussion so it is about the game and our opinions of the game and not a slanging match which deteriorates into personal insults.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:01 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

LOL! this forum is not about ganging up on someone because he doesn't like a certain game. Daniel, don't be such a baby.
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:03 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next