Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is there a way to do a full install? + another question.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Is there a way to do a full install? + another question.

I don't see an option to do different install sizes on the installation screen and I also noticed that MW didn't take up much space on my hard drive, only 700+ mb. I thought maybe it would improve performance if I could do a full install.

Another question... Sometimes if I'm out in the wild and I try to read something I'll get a message saying that I can't read during battle.
This will happen even if there are no enemies around. Is this a bug?
Post Tue May 14, 2002 3:52 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

1) as far as I know (without game), there is only one install size (we discussed about ti in previous post - only one CD and such a small install for such a huge game)

2) I do not know, I never heard about such thing
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:39 am

BUMP!
Post Tue May 14, 2002 10:53 pm

FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Not sure about the full install question but as for the potential bug I think it might just be. Wasn't fighting rather selling/unloading when I decided to mess with a soul gem and see what happens when I put it on myself it said I can't look at soul gem while fighting ... sorta weird, forgot about it then tried it again a couple days later and it didnt say I was fighting so I think there might be some sorta bug with the fighting/notfighting code of some sort. Zoning or reloading will probably fix the problem I would assume.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 11:22 pm
Nietchse
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can load other files from Morrowind to make a larger install not sure if it will increase performance but it is neccesary for some of the plugins that change textures skins and meshes.Put the second CD in the drive explore the CD goto the files you want to install as an example i installled all the textures and meshes so i could add new ones etc.Goto the textures and meshes folder on the CD or any others you want to copy to your HD and selct COPY then send them to your matching folder where you have MW installed on your HD.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:59 am
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think this means that a big, bad MOB has seen you, is coming towards you, and the game decides it's time to start combat.

Even though it's a crab that is stuck on a rock, the computer still thinks it's combat time. I had this happen several times.

Zaal
Post Wed May 15, 2002 2:01 am