Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
So I just purchased Gothic 2 but I have a few problems...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Deathbliss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

So I just purchased Gothic 2 but I have a few problems...

First off my e-mail is deathbliss[at]yahoo.com (replace [at] with @). So if you happen to have a 1.32 ENGLISH NOCD patch available I would sure appreciate if you sent it to me. NOT THE ONE BY DRUNK! OR THE SMALL IMMERSION PATCH! I have both of these neither work. I am still trying to find the Immersion fixed .exe which is supposed to be used with the patch - but I have had no luck so far. It would be nice if Atari/JoWood/Pirhanna would release an English patch for the game which would remove the CD protection, as is a common courtesy for older titles, but I don't expect that to happen. Before you begin to flame me please understand my system runs a bit hot, and I don't want my CD damaged while in the drive. Nor do I appreciate the sound akin to a small airplane taking of next to my ear when I first start playing.

Secondly I have read, rather clumsily since it's in German, that there is an editor with the game? How do I use it? Where are English tutorials available that walk me through it?

Thirdly I've found some NOCD patches for the Night Of The Raven expansion pack - in English, and I had to rub my eyes because I had read that this was never released. In fact I even signed a petition for it's USA release, so what's going on here/ Is it out in the USA or not?

Lastly a few very minor game issues... How do I take a screenshot, or enable Gothic 2 to allow me to use my favorite screenshot utility Power Grab? Is there any way to change the menu text color? I ask because I have to have the brightness at about 0.9 to see anything and that means I can't make out the bright white highlight in the menu text.

I'm also interesting in any recommended settings or tweaks I should make for the absolute best quality in Gothic 2. I have it running nice and very beautiful right now, but if I can make it even better I'm all for it.

Appreciate your help -
- Deathbliss

Evolution is just further proof of the fact,
That mankind is willing to believe in anything,
As long as it doesn't have to believe in God.
Post Mon May 10, 2004 8:18 am
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

1. Use Kazaa or Shareaza or eMule or anything
2. There is an editor but it's in German
3. NO it's not out yet, the next country on the list is Poland
4. Don't know, don't care
5. What are your system specifications
Post Mon May 10, 2004 6:46 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

1. Discussions about NoCD cracks are not welcome on RPGDot. Remember this the next time you feel tempted to start such a discussion or want to participate in it.
2. The mod kit requires the add-on. Itīs probably rather complex.
4. G2 doesnīt interfere with screenshot tools. They should work the usual way.
Post Mon May 10, 2004 8:46 pm
Deathbliss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok...

Listen to be frank I don't care if you don't like me asking for NOCD patches here. I bought the game, and it's running on MY computer. Therefore I reserve the right to run it how I see fit, and anyone that doesn't like that can kiss my big, hairy, arse! No disrespect intended mind you, I just want to make myself clear.

As for screenshots I beg to differ - I have tried two programs now - Power Grab and Gadwin's PrintScreen. The last one actually makes use of the Print Screen key on the keyboard, which is working fine in-game for a one-shot copy to clipboard deal, but somehow amazingly enough STILL doesn't allow the screenshot tool to capture images! I'm at a loss here, and I wish that someone would tell us about the keyboatd section of the .ini and what command we'd use there to enable an in-game key to take pictures with.

Still hoping for some help -
- Deathbliss

Evolution is just further proof of the fact,
That mankind is willing to believe in anything,
As long as it doesn't have to believe in God.
Post Tue May 11, 2004 9:28 am