Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I haven't read all the other posts, so sorry if I've duplicated anyones request. I don't really care about the available weapon types and armor. They don't really add anything to the game for me. Graphics upgrades are a given with a new engine. Don't care about hair.

I would like to see:
-A sophisticated sneaking like in Thief games, and quests that can be solved using it. I tried adding the sneak skill in G1, and din't find any use for it. Maybe I didn't try/develop it enough, but it was hard to spend points on it when fighting really needs development, and you don't get skill points by avoiding creatures. More advanced shadows would be required for this.

-Improved AI...whatever form this takes would be welcome. The AI and schedules in Gothics are fairly convincing, but I would like to see each NPC have their own motivation based on internal needs, disposition, and my reputation. ie. characters are not just following schedules, they actually do what they want to do.

-I would like to see hunting and living off the land expanded and enhanced because it was just so fun and increaed the feeling of rolplaying. Spear fishing might be fun, and have some animals that are not dangerous, but must be tracked and hunted.
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:32 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I would like to see the character have needs such as hunger and fatigue. Also, I would like to see the hunters out in the wilderness actually hunt.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:54 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
quote:
Originally posted by Bytespawn
uhhhh... i supose you mean the large passive fishes with "video creatures" but i suppose we could add some south-american creatures from Monte Video as wel

fishes lol ..they looked like underwater bigger dragon snappers...
fishes..!!!!????? that is to be history in observation!!!! lmao

OK try this to watch them better.
try to swim far enough from the paladins ship and then the video where those creatures kills you play...
OK i'm an idiot, i thought you ment the fishes you can can sometimes see swimming in a lake.
I have done that
that fish must be stronger than than the
Spoiler:
skeleton dragon
since he killed my lvl 40 mercenary swimming in the sea
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:28 pm
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

...and more dungeons.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:43 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

more then one town.
Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:27 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

how about more traps like in gothic 1 when you go into the sleepers temple or in the island in the gothic 2 harbor but please god dont turn it into a riddle solving game
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:09 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

What's wrong with a few riddles?

I just thought of this though, what if the highter the circle the mage is in, the more powerful the lower circle spells?

I don't mean to make fire bolt as powerful as fireball but a few points more in damage per circle of magic wouldn't hurt.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:20 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I wouldn't mind having to wait an extra year (or two) to get a fabulous Gothic 3.

Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:58 am
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

I like to see more guilds to join more armor upgrades for example you have a paladins armor you can get a high paladins armor and more cool swords etc
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:59 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Dunno if anyones reads this but..

- About mage's option i wish to see even more diverse spells in gothic3.I mean most spells were tools of destruction&combat.Mages are more than just cool fellas with ability to throw fireballs(even thought fireballs are cool ).Developers should add more diversity to mage's career.Runes like fear,sleep offer interesting options how to handle situations.Also where was my STAFF?Every mage should have a special weapon of somekind made just for them.In some cases its not possible to avoid close combat.
I loved "the creating runes-aspect".So what would it sound if a mage could build his own staff.Lets say after that he would be able to transfer his favorite spell into it.Everytime mage would hit a enemy with it, the spell would be transfered into that enemy, same way a mage casts it using a runestone.But now the effect would be instant.OFcourse such action would drain mana, but perhaps less than normal casting.What does this idea sound like?

-MORE diversity to npc routines..when its raining, they won't go standing outside(unless its their job) etc etc..

-MORe cinematic feeling!

Let me explain:

In gothic 2 The smouldering civil-war threath was allways present and really made me to think, that things could explode any minute.When the game progressed it became quite obvious, that lee wasn't going to do a shit or neither was lord hagen.Same goes to the orc-siege on the old valley.I sensed a bit of anticlimax after all the hard work i did for killing those orc leaders.Even then lord hagen just kept sitting on his butt, while all his men were waiting to get slaughtered there!It would have been amaizing to kick some orc ass with many paladings on my side.Hell it could have became the best momement in the game, but no.I quess devs were lazy or something not to script it..I know i can let the orcs in,but just doesn't feel right thing to do for a paladin.Maeby i try it when i play as a dragonhunter 3rd time.
Infact I'd like to see even more scripted scenes.For instance, like a big epic battle beetveen orcs and paladins after the orcwarlord quest.Or how about showing the orcs attacking the city as you are leaving the island, if you didn't kill the warlords, hagen asked..Man that would have rocked.

Also:

IMO the story played quite well until the sixth chapter which was the weakest of all chapters.The story kinda loses it's sharpest edge so to speak.particularly i'm talking about the last enemy.Can't recall seening such a anticlimax for a long time.We can only pray, that pb will learn, how to do better ending(s) someday.Allthought the ending cutscene was neat!But the final batle wasn't nothing special .
When compared to the story in first gothic, it wasn't bad.There just really weren't many BIG surprises unlike in gothc 1(the great invacation, the orc cemetary, things what happened in the mine, about the relations beetween the camps and how those realtions changed, orc temple and so).There weren't those mind blowing moments.I mean when i entered gothic 1, I didn't have slightest clue about what to expect.I couldn't imagine anything about the plot or how it developes during the game.Instead in gothic 2 Right after the begining xardas tells us why we are here and what we must do.As i said there really weren't many surprises(thought those seekers were creepy, a trip to the old walley was scary and leaving with the ship was a nice big surprise!).Sure dragons are a bit of cliche in fantasy, but if they are done well they can really become intresting opponents, but if they are made badly, they just feel an other stupid beast on my way.I really looked forward fighting them right after seeing the manu screen.So it was even worse to find out what kind of shadows of their former legend they have become.i felt allmoust pity for them..

-You piranhas can ALLWAYS improve combat!
like..i still miss those bloody shields.Also it would be very handy to able to hit multiple oppnonents with one swing.Those big fights can become easily quite confusing, because hero isn't capable to hit more than single monster at the same time.

-We would like to know more about gothic's lore(gods, culture etc etc).So why there are not any libraries, where one could examine books, writing(like in morrowind).

-Lastly voice acting was sometimes horrible(diego)
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:18 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I want to see more non-guild armor available.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:50 pm
austinwolfclaw
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I would like to see more vicious carnivorous creatures, like tigers, lions, bears....
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:44 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

More animations, like skinning an animal with a knife, picking up stuff from someone's inventory and (this would be awesome) seeing yourself put on your armor, also everyone in the harbor twn were wearing clothes you could not have. do they maybe all know about MARVIN-mode? Get a clothier who will sell you lots of cool clothes!!!! @austinwolfclaw: What about a circus?
Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:33 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

the putting on the armor would be cool but you have to realize, it usually took 2 or 3 people to put a full suit of armor on a knight
Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:31 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yes, that's the exact reason i said :(that would be really cool)
ofcourse they could also let you put on a breastplate and the rest will appear automaticly, it doesn't have to be too realistic.

New: they should pause the game on inventory screen so you can choose a new weapon, drink the right potion, and select the right rune
Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:04 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next