View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
Slachkey
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

How long to complete Fallout 2.

Hey guys.

I just found a copy of Fallout 2 in my big drawer o' games and was wondering how long approximately it takes to beat this game. I have about 1 month untill I'm going away for 1 to 2 months and I don't want to start this game now if I have to put it on hold.

Thanks everyone!!
Post Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:36 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

It is impossible to tell how long it will take any game to complete, it depends on few factors: how thorough are you, are you want to stick to main quest only, besides every one play different. But I would say its between 40 hours to 150 if you want rob everybody (my way and its worth it )
Post Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:28 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

The nature of the Fallouts means you can rush through it or spend a long time on it - it's definitely worth playing so if this is your best chance, take it.
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:50 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I think what has been written is a fair assessment. If you power through a game just to finish it, no problem. If, like me, you explore every area and do every possible quest, then unless you do little else but play, then one month wouldn't be long enough. It's a game you'll never forget.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:58 am
Slachkey
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the replies

Well, I started this game and all I can say is "WOW". This is the first game in the last 6 months to a year that has kept me up saying "Just one more hour!".

The atmosphere is really good and while the combat is a little slow, it is still fun.

Also, I live in Redding, CA and that is one of the towns that you can visit in this game. I thought that was pretty neat, but at first I was trying to figure out how the game knew I was in Redding. I thought it had read my registration or something and it really tripped me out until I found out the game takes place in Northern California.

Thanks again everyone
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:14 pm
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Fallout 2 is great at first but my enthusiasm always dies in this game by the time I reach New Reno. I've started this game 4 times and get bored to death at about the same point each time. I loved Fallout 1, and I always wonder what's missing from Fallout 2 that it fails to grip me the same way.
I think it might be the main character. I related much better to the man who was attempting to save his vault from dying of thirst, than being the "Chosen One". The whole tribal thing just doesn't seem to fit the post apocalyptic setting. Tonto kills mutant rat with his tomahawk, um I mean sub-machine gun! I want to like this game though, so I get it out every couple of years and try again
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:25 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

If you ever figure out why you lost interest by the time you hit New Reno in Fallout 2, then let me know too I had the same problem ...

I loved Fallout 1 but just couldn't get into Fallout 2 no matter how much I tried. I think part of the reason for this was that I found it boring having to build up my equipment from scratch all over again.

Fallout 2 also seemed to set a much slower pace than Fallout 1 which probably only served to increase my frustrations in trying to gain access to the better weaponry etc.
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:33 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I spent more than a month of intensive gaming on Fallout 2. IMO itīs too slow in the middle, but the great end episode compensates a lot.
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:35 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

I finished the game in about 5 or 6 days' time, and I'm QUITE sure I did most stuff in the game (discover all the places, talk to most NPC's).
And I did it even though I was slowed down by the horrendous combat.
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:12 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

You could finish it in some hours (if you don't get stuck that is), but that would be pretty boring. But you should be able to finish it in 1 month and not having to rush through the game.

Not that I have finished the game yet.
Post Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:58 pm
StarkeRealm
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Technicaly I seem to remember that it's possible to play through the game (including a large number of sidequests) in about 40 hours, but when I did that I already knew what, when and where I was going to have to do things.

Otherwise a month sounds about right.
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:07 pm