Usergroups
hi from the developers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

That is the way it works with ranged weapons. Melee is different though...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:26 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think it should be that way with melee weapons also. When you’re trying to keep your foe away, singing your weapon from side to side, the one closest should take most of the damage. Like range weapons and spells
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:44 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Yes, it's bad that you just can hit your high-lighted opponent in hand-to-hand battle, while you can hit others with ranged weapons and magic.

And, about the strafing thing. You only strafe in circles while you've got something highlighted. Otherwise, you'll strafe normally.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:24 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

That is true, but strafing in circles when something is highlighted isnt always practical. There should be a button to hold to circle strafe instead of normal strafe.

For example, fighting someone in a cave or on a narrow walkway could easily make you get backed into a corner/fall off the edge with circle strafing.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:34 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup Crossbow , Bow and All magics can hit every target where they are directed but melee is still not like this dont even know if melee should take some damage from other enemys mayb it would be too easy then and just think if u hit 3-4 orcs then the hero must be pretty powerfull to slash 4 orcs at 1 time
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:40 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Who has questions about the G2 add-on? Don't forget KaiRo won't answer questions about G3 right now.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:35 pm
klovnen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

will the new guilds be militia/merc/mage like, or thief like?
("real" guilds, or just get-more-quests-and-skills guilds )

Last edited by klovnen on Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Have you ever considered putting in another concert? Or did the setbacks of the last attempt put you off for good? Also, you know the way that the Mages and Paladins say "for Innos" and "For the King" to each other? Why don't the Mercenarys say "For Money" to each other?

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.

Last edited by Iron Man on Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:44 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Will in G2 addon have a meaning in Bandits camp i mean right now in G2 u can just slash em all mayb u can join em in addon
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:06 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

First of all, thank you so much for making such a great game. I have never been immersed into such an organic world, where every tree, ferns, character, monster is almost alive, even though all objects are simply simulated by a computer. I just want to say thank you again, and my respects to all of those who're involved in making the game.

Here are my (and some of the fellow forumers' here) questions:

Regarding to Gothic 2: Die Nacht des Raben

1. To extend from klovnen's question:
    quote:
    Originally posted by klovnen
    will the new guilds be militia/merc/mage like, or thief like?
    ("real" guilds, or just get-more-quests-and-skills guilds )

If those guilds are "real" guilds, is the guild system in the addon-world separate from the one in the G2-world? In other words, can I be a mage in the G2-world, while I belong to the bandits in the addon-world? Will my guild status and my main game progress affect the attitude of those in the addon-world? On the other hand, will people in the G2-world treat me differently if I complete any addon quest?

2. Does the Ancient Pyramid in the G2-world provide any hints about the path to the addon-world?

3. Will there be any fatal trap, such as quicksand and man-eating plants, in the swamp? From my understanding, all the canyon has is bizzare landforms such as cliffs and ravines. If I step on a wrong place, my life will end instantly. Is it true?

4. According to a "secret" screenshot from PB's addon site (Station 2: The New World), the grasshopper will be 2-3x bigger than an actual human being. Will the actual grasshopper in the game be THAT huge? From my understanding, these grasshoppers may attack in packs. So, will these packs of giant grasshoppers attack by suddenly jumping on the hero's body?

5. To extend from Iron Man's question:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Iron Man
    Have you ever considered putting in another concert?

I hope there'll be a concert in the addon; a concert at the beach, accompanied by fancy lights FX, will be somewhat interesting. Will there be such concerts? If so, would you like to provide some details? If there's no concert, why not?

6. Will there be any more adultery scene in the addon? Furthermore, will there be any material from the addon that makes it rated as an M-game by ESRB? If so, will it be possible to turn it off? Seriously, G1 was "banned" by my parents because of the way babes dress; I had to "nullify" the sex scene in G2 so that my parents can't see it. It worries me if there is any material from the addon that is inappropriate for my immature mind.

7. Approximately how many "joke" characters, such as Mud, will be there in the addon? If the answer is confidential, would you like to specify the range (e.g. 10s, 100s, 1000s or 10^7?), please?

8. Are we going to meet Mud? If so, will he become a strong guy such as a leader of a guild, or still remain as a weakling? Or will he become a giant undead, who'll be one of the ultimate villains we'll encounter in the addon? Or is Mud being reserved as the hero of another RPG? If he's not existent in the addon, are we going to meet someone else like Mud?

9. Will there be any bonus souvenir in the addon box? e.g. Gothic wine cup, Gothic colorbook, Gothic jack-in-the-box, Gothic soundtrack CD, etc. umm.. Never mind...

Regarding to Gothic 2

1. Rumors say that Atari is "improving" the voice-acting and English translations for the US version of G2, as well as censoring the Red Lantern sex scene. Are you authorized to disclose any information about this? Some say Piranha Bytes are the only ones who can modify the code of G2. If so, would you like to confirm the validity of this rumor regarding to the publishers and give us some details about it, please?

2. It takes the publishers 6 months to "polish" G2 from its post-translation stage into a finished, well-advertised product. Do you think the publisher(s) will spend another 6 months for the demo? Will it apply for the patch as well?

I hope none of my questions belongs to Area 51. Again, thank you for developing the game, and have a great success for the future Gothic games. In advance, thank you very much for your response.

P.S. My English sounds very awkward. I'm very sorry about that and hope you'll understand.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:11 pm
Ocera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

female chars

is there or is there going to be main female chars, like Lester and the boys, cos i think there should be 1.

PS: Great game, completed it 4times on my 5 time round now
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:00 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

if you dont want to watch that scene then just press escape, or is that to complicated a concept for your "immature" mind to handle?
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:19 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Shmaugus
if you dont want to watch that scene then just press escape, or is that too complicated a concept for your "immature" mind to handle?

Perhaps I am really stupid, but pressing ESC does not allow me to escape from my parents' hands. The movies can be viewed easily with an external player, and I saw they actually clicked on every movie to look for any adult-only material.

I overwrote the movie with a blank file; the files on the CD are compressed so they cannot be read directly. So, I guess I'm safe, only for now.

Nevertheless, perhaps I overreacted, or what I wrote is illogical, or perhaps, I wrote too much here. But, ultimately, I just want to make sure if I'll ever need to change around the files again when I buy the addon.

Hope you'll understand.
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:07 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ummm u got really restrict parents man never seen that restrict onez
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:02 pm
Ragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Performance?

Well, a question for the AddOn has come to my mind again after a longer time:
You´ve stated time and again in recent interviews that while you have `beautified´ your engine during your work on the AddOn by a fraction again, you also made some efforts to improve performance as well.
Now, will this have some significantly positive impact especially on the performance in what is probably most infamous as bottleneck of the game:
The City of Khorinis?

Thx,
Ragon
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:30 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next