Space Hack: Review @ Gamehelper
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Space Hack: Review @ Gamehelper

A fairly rare <a href="http://pcmac.gamehelper.com/articles/605.htm" target="_blank">review</a> of Space Hack has popped up at Gamehelper, with Rebelmind's action/RPG receiving a decent score of 7.8/10:<blockquote><em>Now let’s get one thing straight: don’t expect a Hollywood production from Space Hack. In fact, travel back in time a few years to when PC games were simpler in nature and didn’t require a physics processor or vertex shaders. Now picture playing Diablo, but this time you’re not in Tristram, but on a cargo ship in space. This example best sums up Rebelmind’s action/RPG title, and they openly admit to the influence of Blizzard’s fantasy masterpiece. If you’re tired of the processor grind many recent titles can cause, then Space Hack would be ideal. If you prefer not to bother with old-school gameplay, then it’s best to still give this game a glance.</em></blockquote>
Post Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:55 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Thanks dhruin

I downloaded the game at the site, 20 bucks,no problems. I was staring at my pc after finishing Dragonshard the second (+skirmish,the best part) time wondering if I could run 27 video cards in series to possibly play one of the "hot" new games that suck your computer dry to get 10 fps when this epiphany happened (small rant , sorry). I played 6 hours and the intelligent design shows. The review was mostly spot on and it's interesting. Camera movement took five minutes to get used to and now is second nature. I recommend this interlude for a sanity restoration. Just fun.
Space Hack runs happily on my 6 month old (agp) rig.
Post Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:13 am