RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Clueless
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mod?

I was wondering if some1 knew of an "expantion type" mod for Gothic2
either being planned or made.
Something similar 2 Baldurdash 4 baldursgate that address some of the less thought through design desitions, and perhaps add an optional cheat or 2.
If some1 reading this happens to be working on something like that i have a few ideas/changes id LOVE 2 see implemented:

First off Paladin / Merc: There is NO reason why a "standard" fullplate should offer better protection than dragonscale armor .The paladin is allready over powered with his magic (doing the same damage with 5 mana as a mage does with 75!!??) ,and since armor is something of BeAllEndAll the merc with no magic should have the best armor 4 game/class balance.

Same thing with their weapons..a sword consecrated TWICE by innos should really do more damage than something u can create urself, even if its tempered with dragonblod.. Granted the paladin is allready overpowered, but still..

And 4 the mages:
Luckily unlike Gothic1 this game doesnt sport the crappyest magicsystem ever, but there is still room 4 improvements.
How about halving the mana cost for most mid/highlevel spells?
Or adding a few protection spells and perhaps reducing the damage on some of the most powerful ones?
Or how about u are "Reborn" when u join the mages and keep ur current level ,but have 2 reallocate ur lp with the mage restrictions( Double cost 4 combat skills) ?
I could go on 4 a while (mana regen, combat moves, shield, helmets etc) but i have 2 get 2 work soon:.(

I know there ar LOTS of "things i wanna change or see in the addon" posts around, but feel free to add ur own thoughts, changes, criticisms or rants below. U never know if an unemployed modder might stumble over this post.

Its 5 in the mornig and ive been playing gothic2 all nite so pls Xcuse my grammar.
Post Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:49 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm there are couple of grps who are planning to make mods for gothic 2 u should check out the old news and old posts u will find them tho no idea if they ever will be finished
Post Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:38 pm