The Experiment...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
preed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Experiment...

I just can't finish the "The Experiment" quest.. When I go to Ignaz and get the quest I instantly get TWO entries in the journal.. One to start the quest and the other says like "This would be a perfect time to test the scroll....".. I guess that the second entry is supposed to appear when I do something, but since I already seem to have DONE this the entry apperars instantly when I receive the quest from Ignaz and since the second entry doesn't mention any name,I am totally oblivious(joke haha) as to whom I am supposed to test the scroll of oblivion on.. Cause just using it on anyone didn't work... (tried a few different ppl, including Ignaz himself hehe)...

Anyway the stupid scroll doesn't seem to work either, I bash em down and use the scroll while they are flat on their back, but they still say stuff like "Don't do that again" when they get up which sorta means they didn't forget I kicked their a$$..

- Preed -
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:41 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Scrolls of Oblivision work great. Test them in upper or middle Khorinis (on people from those quarters of town). They don`t work at docks because there the only law You have is law of the stronger. Tried it on Hannah, Constantino, Coragon and prison guard (name?). In this last case it greatly helped me to get rid of Canthar once and for all.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:48 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to use Oblivion as they're getting up.
Works everytime for me.

I get the same Journal entry. I thought he was referring to Valentino. Since it's said that there's a quest involving kicking his ass and stealing his ring.
I never found a ring on Valentino though.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:02 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

just beat up somebody, loot them, (preferably valentino at 4am when he leaves the tavern, or Ignaz himself and get more oblvion scrolls) when they get up cast the spell, talk to Ignaz, done.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:05 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by FetishFool
I get the same Journal entry. I thought he was referring to Valentino. Since it's said that there's a quest involving kicking his ass and stealing his ring.

Did you talk to Regis and Coragon regarding Valentino? Did you talk to Regis after you kicked Valentino's ass?
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:45 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Regis about Valentino? Nope. After I kick his ass and find no ring, I've just been re-loading a previous save game.
I'll do it again tonight.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:12 am
Kavok
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I knock him down use the scroll on him when he is down.
He gets back up and says that usual "You'll regret that" or whatever.
So then I do the "About.." whatever thing and he asks if I wasted the scroll, so I am given the option to only look at his wares now. What'd I do wrong? How do I finish this?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:19 am
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

it only seemed to work on ignaz for me, every single other person i tried it on didnt forget :/ .... anyway just do it on ignaz heh... ( i reccomend looting his chest and shelves, he will start attacking you. when u got everything waste him, loot him, use scroll, then claim some well earned XP from him aswell
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:23 am
Kavok
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I did knock him down, I did use the scroll, The "About.." option just made him ask if I wasted the scroll and now I dont have an "About.." option, Do you know of any console cheats to finish this quest? :\
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:32 am
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

There is nothing wrong with the spell..some people just dont know how to use it (i didnt at first either)

This is how it works: Beat up someone so he lies on the ground..take out the spell and be ready to use it..just when the person moves his head and gets up then you use it..works everytime..i have even noticed if you have the spell ready there will be a sort of glimmering around the persons head when its time to use it!

Hope it works for everyone that had a problem with it..Just make sure there are no witnesses!

And btw it works just as well in the harbour..thats where i did the original quest..I beat up the Innkeeper and it worked fine
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:37 am
Svetty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Sanosuke
There is nothing wrong with the spell..some people just dont know how to use it (i didnt at first either)

This is how it works: Beat up someone so he lies on the ground..take out the spell and be ready to use it..just when the person moves his head and gets up then you use it..works everytime..i have even noticed if you have the spell ready there will be a sort of glimmering around the persons head when its time to use it!

Hope it works for everyone that had a problem with it..Just make sure there are no witnesses!

And btw it works just as well in the harbour..thats where i did the original quest..I beat up the Innkeeper and it worked fine

There is clearly a problem for some people here. I have done exactly as you have described. I get no XP, no dialog of Ignaz teaching me how to make potions and the quest remains in the list of outstanding quests. Sure Ignaz (or whoever you knock down) has no memory of the event so the spell has obviously worked on him but that doesn't help!!
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:39 pm
Oancea
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There are two issues: Does it work? and Does it solve the experiment quest?. I have to say that It always works, but used only with certain people will solve the experiment quest.

Safest way is to cast the spell on a nameless person (citizen, worker), after knocking him down. And I never heard of a delay -- a time you need to wait before casting the spell once he is down, just cast it while he's out cold and wait for him to get up and greet you with a smile on his face, wondering why his head feels twice the size.

Casting it on Edda (although she forgot) did not solve my quest, casting it on Ignaz solved my quest, casting it on nameless people in the harbor district solved my quest.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:12 pm
Svetty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Oancea
There are two issues: Does it work? and Does it solve the experiment quest?. I have to say that It always works, but used only with certain people will solve the experiment quest.

Safest way is to cast the spell on a nameless person (citizen, worker), after knocking him down. And I never heard of a delay -- a time you need to wait before casting the spell once he is down, just cast it while he's out cold and wait for him to get up and greet you with a smile on his face, wondering why his head feels twice the size.

Casting it on Edda (although she forgot) did not solve my quest, casting it on Ignaz solved my quest, casting it on nameless people in the harbor district solved my quest.

Casting it on Ignaz won't solve my quest, nor Mad Fillan, Edda etc.............

I'm starting to believe this is a bug as I have done exactly what others report doing but without success.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:24 pm
Oancea
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Do this and you're bound to solve the experiment quest.

1. Find a citizen or a worker in the harbor district and lure him out of a crowd by drawing your weapon at him and waiting for him to get mad.
2. Knock him down and cast the oblivion on him, while out cold.
3. Talk to him to see if it worked.
4. Go to Ignaz.

It's sure to work, and doesn't even take you talking to the guy, just reporting it to Ignaz as soon as you cast the spell on him.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:28 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I used it once after knocking down Valentino and he behaved as if he didn't forget but went to Andre to check and I didn't have to pay a fine, so I know it worked. Why the quest won't clear though, I don't know.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:26 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next