Game stopping bug? *possible spoilers*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
McCrank
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Game stopping bug? *possible spoilers*

Hi guys, Im really enjoying the hell out of this game so far. Im at the point where I just accepted the mission from King Lunshire to find the murderer who has been committing all the sacrifices around the castle... I went and spoke to the lady in the library and got the information about the black magic being used in the murders. Im trying to make my way into the research lab to speak to Felnor, but the door is locked. Is there a key to get into it? I cant progress the game at all at this point. I tried to go back to my room to set some stuff down, and I noticed the guards were hostile again to me. Some kinda bug perhaps? I read the RPGdot Arx guide, and it mentions nothing about the research lab being locked.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:02 am
Prophet
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am a little further on as I have received the quest to find the little girl Shawnee (or whatever her name is). When I visit the inn by the outpost on the way to the temple of Akbaa they all attack me as do all the guards on level one when I returned there.
I have checked posts elsewhere and others seem to be having this problem at about this point.
unfortunately I have not got the answer. I have tried twice now - the second time going thru the temple to Akbaa, but still they all - including the King when I return.
The scripting is getting scewed somehow!!!!

Maybe I should go stright for Shawnee but this is supposed to be optional anyway

Prophet
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:22 pm
McCrank
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I reloaded a savegame, and went back though the part again, it seems to be ok now. No one is attacking me. If you have a savegame, you might wanna reload, im not sure whats causing it.
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:23 am
julien roby@arkane studio
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If you got this bug with the tavern folks, send me your savegame to jroby@arkane-studios.com i'll fix it
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:14 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Research lab door is LOCKED hard no way to open it. Why? is there a quest or event to gain the use of it? I really could use the distillery to make some potions and get the runes in there. I can only assume sometime or something will script to open the darn door.

I notice that if you kill any one, every one will and the whole level will "magically" know about it and ALL go HOSTILE. You can not even kill a chicken for food in the human city with King; even though NO ONE sees you do it.

I guess you must play the good hero, So boring.
Post Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:27 pm
McCrank
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Xerxes, I had the same problem. I bet that if you want back into the castle and tried to use your room, the guards would also attack you for trespassing. I think it has something to do with leaving the castle, before you visit the snake woman, this reverses the script or something... I had to end up reloading, could never get it open.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:35 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Xerxes712: The door to the lab is indeed closed the first time you are visiting the snake women (probably Felnor is somewhere else and therefore the door is closed). Later in the game, Felnor is back and the door is open, otherwise it is a bug.

BTW, most probably you won't be able to use the distillery at this point of the game as it requires 50% of the responsible skill. A bit dissapointing.. Again, later there will be another distillery, so cheer up
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:15 pm
julien roby@arkane studio
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Your skill need depends on the potion you want to do.
Poison:30 for instance
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:40 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Julien, thanks for clearing it up
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:48 pm