A few question about strength and other stuff
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Amra
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A few question about strength and other stuff

Im now level 8 and have saved up 20 LPs. I have put everything into strength(45) and 1h (30) plus 5 into skinning animals. Just to experiment i tried to add 20 to my strength but the mitlia guy only goes to level 60. Im in chapter 2-who would i go to for more strength that i can get too.

Also what would you do with your points--so far i have found that if i wanna fight more stuff and explore i have to put everything into strength and sword--i figured till mabey level 12 or so then i would get lockpick and try and find all those chest again i cant get into.

At what level do you think i should get lockpick and alchemy and then how much into those things is needed to make them usefull.

Also at onars farm i found a gravyard with a casket that moves--i climbed down and found a not about a paladin--there are 3 chest down there--any clue as to where to get the key.

Also is there a fan site that gives maps with listings and stuff or any fansites that are good in general.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:29 am
rc23
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If you are playing as a Merc, then Torloff at Onar's farm can train you to 90str. If you are a paladin, then probally one of the knights at Lord Hagan's mansion will train you. The Torturer at the castle (Brutus?) trains STR too, don't know what level he'll go to though.

I'd get lockpick right away, easier to unlock the chests as you find them. As for alchemy, I'd wait a bit. Alchemy is great for potions of permament strength, dexterity, and mana. But you really won't ever use it to make healing potions or mana restore potions. It's easier just to buy potions or eat fried meat.

The graveyard with the hidden tomb is haunted by a ton of undead. Each of those 3 chests was guarded by a skeleton. Each skeleton has a key on it's corpse when you slay it. Once you open a chest, some new skeletons. It's a tough battle.

edit... a suggestion. Since you are only level 8, and you are in chapter 2. I'd stay out of the Valley of Mines till you cleared out all the monsters in the Khorinis mainland. If you do that you will be level 15 easy.

GameFAQs has a few good Gothic2 files. Check there for tons of spoilers.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/32891.html
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:48 am