Quahodron problem... did I screw up?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
daemon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Quahodron problem... did I screw up?

I read Myxir's note to the ghost, but my only reply his speech is 'I don't understand' . Do I need to learn an ancient language first? Unfortunately, I have no learning points left, and can only get them in the add-on world if I kill all the bandits
Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:50 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You'll need to tell us more about how you got into this situation.

It appears you read Myxir's note so you were able to summon Quarhodron's ghost. That meams that you have already visited all the other temples and found at least one of each of the 5 colored stones. It also means that Raven has entered the temple of Adanos. Normally, that would mean the you need to tell Quarhodron that someone entered the temple, answer his questions and he'll tell you how to get in the temple.

If he's not talking to you, then something happened (or failed to happen). Let us know if any of the above statements are untrue for your situation.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:03 am
daemon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the response. I just went back to a saved game where I had some learning points and spent them on learning the language. It wasn't too bad playing up to where I was stuck. For some reason, I thought I would not need the language until later to read the tablets. I'm not sure it it is a good idea to kill all the bandits...even after Raven's defeat
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:43 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

After Raven is dead you can kill the guys, rape the women, and drink the bar dry.

I've played Notr so many times I can't count, but I still don't have a really concrete strategy when to learn the language(s). I tend to play different each time, trying to find new ways of doing things.....but you will KNOW when you need to learn the langs......and when you MUST learn the langs.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:52 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I tend to learn the languages (at least the first 2 levels) ASAP. You want to hold off reading the tablets that affect your primary attribute and skills (buy them up with LPs early on when they're cheap and use tablets/potions later), but you should read the tablets/drink the potions that apply to your other attributes/skills right away.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:53 pm