Zan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

2311 drivers are out http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=drivers
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:45 pm
MaD_TaFFeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, I am having the same problem with the Detenator drivers (new ones just released as well as older). Except not only my frame rate takes a hit, but all of the speech stutters and it is absolutely unplayable with music. But all the flame effects are there and it does look beautiful. Too bad it's unplayable!

I went back to the drivers that came on my CD...yes I don't have the fire effects, but at least the game runs smooth and the music and speech is ok.

I don't think there is an easy solution.

[ This Message was edited by: MaD_TaFFeR on 2001-12-05 01:25 ]
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 7:23 am
Cymon01
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry to hear you were having the same problems. But I was happy to hear that somebody else was experiencing what I was.

One thing you could look at, is to not use EAX as a sound option (in case you did).

What eventually worked for me was upgrading to WinXP (though I don't recommend it for everyone due to cost and problems some folks have been having). Of course now I'm running around trying to update all my drivers and software programs. On a 56k connection, that is very slow and painful.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:44 am

I too had the GeForce 3 Ti 200 bug. The new drivers fixed them. In fact, the game is awsome visually. Frame rates are great!

Athlon 500
Geforece 3 Ti 200
256 RAM
SBLive!
Windows XP(Faster than '9
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 7:48 am

propellerhead
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I have a quad botting pc with linux, win98se, winme, winxp.

Winxp is a piece of crap when it comes to games....I recommend you to run it on Me.

[ This Message was edited by: propellerhead on 2001-12-08 01:37 ]
Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 7:37 am
wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

Winxp is a piece of crap when it comes to games....I recommend you to run it on Me.

My Pentium 4 ran so badly right out of the box with Windows Me that I repartitioned the disk and installed Windows 98SE. I figure on installing my free XP upgrade after a year or so.
Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 2:59 pm
sleeplessone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

when using 32 bit colour items in my inventory disapper although they are still there.

just thier images diapper

with 21.81 nvidia drivers there are some problems like torch effect diappearing on 32 bit colour , they may appear on 16 bit

i still use 14.10 drivers for my Hercules GF3

and 16 bit colour , all detail maxed out
still very nice to watch
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 12:06 pm

For what it is worth sometimes the torch is not visible for me but most of the time no problems. Running Windows 2000 Pro with the latestest legit Detonators (2311) and DirectX 8.1.

Not sure if it matters but I am *NOT* logged in as an Administrator.

I also have subtitles on and animated windows off (see gothic.ini).
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:39 am

Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Guys you know the Geforce Drivers offered in the windowsupdate are wrong. Look at the date on it.

Those latest drivers on the detonator site work.

But whats up with that damn XP crap. It ruined my java machine, and raped my halflife resolution.

Thank god the RivaTuner fixed the damn 60hz refresh rate.

http://www.voodoofiles.com
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:06 pm

i wasn't actively looking for a fix until i read some posts that said PB has put Gothic out to pasture (no patch )

anyways, i seem to have found a fix that works for me without the massive slowdowns people have been getting from the 23.11 drivers under win98.

try detonator version 20.80. (i got mine from http://3dchipset.com ) under 20.80, i was able to run from the temple area of the sect camp to the front gate of the castle in the old camp with no effects glitches. i haven't thoroughly tested these drivers, so i can't say that it's fixed the effects problem 100% or not.. i just know that under the official 20.83 drivers, i was NEVER able to make that trip without losing effects.

my system config:
p3-700 / asus cusl2 mobo
powercolor geforce 3 (generic non-titanium gf3 card)
256meg ram
win98se

- that seems to be everything important. if anyone needs extra info, i'll be glad to provide it. also, if this fix doesn't hold up on my machine, i'll be sure to post that i got my hopes up for nothing :/

good luck!
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:11 am

I've had pretty god performance with Gothic - no grahical issues, and only 1 crash. I'm using the Detonator 23.11. Here is my system just in case it helps anyone:

Athlon 1.333
256 meg 2100 DDR
Windows 98 second edition
Detonator 23.11
DirectX 8.1

The only slowdowns I get are when I first load the game - it takes about 20-30 seconds for it to "simmer down" and allow smooth scrolling. I checked the frame rate, and was surprised to show that it only showed 20-24 FPS - it seems smooth.

I'm running Quincunx AA, 1152x864x32.
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 11:32 pm

quakedance
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The game runs great on my system:

P4 1.8Ghz
256 RDRAM
40GB 7200rpm
SBLive
64MB Geforce with 23.11 det drivers

Seems as though everyone here are having either graphic probs with old drivers or slow downs with new drivers.

I would suggest using the latest detonator drivers for XP which you can get here:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000

or I heard through the grapevine that nvidia will be releasing new drivers soon. So always check out the nvidia site for updates

Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:32 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:

On 2001-11-29 14:42, MaD_TaFFeR wrote:
Hey all, I am new to this board...so welcome me.

Welcome
Ignore the rest of these rude hethens!
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:00 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2