Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Z'Ant is trying to kill me? Can't we all get along?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I went from the Mines to Lower Marten's Bluff via a little mine car. We I got to an area with four locked doors, I opened the doors starting with the southern door and getting the special pick out of the third room to open up the last door. When I open the last door, there are two lesser quards (40-45 hit points) that attack me. No problem wipping them out. Then a character that's names Z'Ant (something) with hit points around 450 attacks me. I thought that he was supposed to talk to me. Did I screw up by going straight from the mines to Lower Marten's Bluff. Should I go to upper first?
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:16 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I think he should not attack you.
You are right - it is main character of TRangs and he should speak with you and give you quests.

Didnt you already do too much work for Umpani?
Or didnt you enter areas in TRang base you should not?
I think you should try to enter first from main building of Martens Bluff (from above with elevator). Maybe you can enter areas you entered only after you will do several quests for TRangs.
Try it.
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:58 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I guess I did something wrong, I loaded a prior saved game where I discovered the mine carts for the first time and instead of riding on them I worked my way back down the hill. I stopped in and tried to speak with Tantris, (who I spoke with before I went to the mine carts) and he attacked me also.
I guess I did something out of order. I loaded an earlier game (much earlier to my regret) where I had not entered the mine area, and am on my way to Marten's Bluff.

Notice to novice players (including myself): save often
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:41 pm