S.T.A.L.K.E.R
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author Thread
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

XIII looks fantastic. I'm also excited about Call of Cthulhu.
Post Wed May 21, 2003 6:27 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

XIII looks cool.

Let´s add some tactical multiplayer shooter: Söldner - Secret Wars . The game shapes up more and more.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 8:01 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Doom 3 all the way!
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Thu May 22, 2003 8:18 am
Finarfin
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Far Cry? not sure when it is due. to be honest i don't know much about it apart some FPS fans getting all excited
Post Thu May 22, 2003 1:16 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Let´s add some tactical multiplayer shooter: Söldner - Secret Wars . The game shapes up more and more.

*checking out the preview and the pics*
Looking good...
*reading: Developer: Wings...*
Cool!
*...Genre:Action...*
Ok.
*...Release Date: Q1 2003...*
What the...
*...Publisher: Jowood*
DoH!
Post Thu May 22, 2003 3:18 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

That does look like a fantastic game, sorry it'll never come out, though

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Thu May 22, 2003 3:56 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've voted Deus Ex 2, although it was really hard not to go for HL2 having seen a lot of the movies about at the moment. I'm downloading the 600MB video as I type this, which I'm told is even more jaw-dropping than the smaller movies. Can't wait to see it

But Warren Spector's games have always come closest to my idea of the perfect game. So I'm voting for DX2 despite having seen much less of it than HL2. But like I say, it's a close thing. HL2 looks incredible.

I like the look of XIII as well, it looks really cool. And I can hardly wait for Thief3. I was looking forward to the Y-Project, but it's been canned I can't say I'm too interested in Doom3... the lighting, soft-body and blood effects are astounding, but they're taking a pretty shallow approach to game design and it sounds like there's really nothing new in there.

Call of Cthulhu... wow, I'd completely forgotten about that. That's been on the go a long time, hasn't it? Anyone know the supposed release date?
Post Thu May 22, 2003 10:49 pm
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Piln, if it was a close call before, that huge video just might change your mind. I was in complete disbelief watching it.

I voted Half Life 2 hands down. I look forward to lots of those games but its hard to believe any of them will top what I've seen of HL2. I'm also thrilled that game developers will have at least 2 great new engines (Doom 3 and HL2) to work with before long. I hardly even played Quake 3 but some great games came from the engine. Even if Doom 3 isn't that good, I'll be happy if even just the engine lives up to Id tradition.
Post Fri May 23, 2003 12:12 am
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

Piln,

Bethesda (yes--Bethesda of Morrowind fame) has picked up the publishing rights to Call of Cthulhu. Gamespot has a story listing the release date as Early 2004. Go to www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/callofcthulhudarkcote/news_6026448.html and www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/callofcthulhudarkcote/preview_6026341.html for the full story.
Post Fri May 23, 2003 12:55 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Finarfin
Far Cry? not sure when it is due. to be honest i don't know much about it apart some FPS fans getting all excited

Close to Christmas, I think, published by Ubi.

Main features:
-up to date graphics engine (on the same level with Doom3 and the latest Unreal engine games according to all German print mags)
-great AI (enemy behaviour is NOT scripted, except for a certain framework, of course); www.wargamer.com confirms the game is really heading in this direction
-nice tropical scenario with large outdoor areas
-an editor which allows realtime editing of levels

It seems technology wise Far Cry is at least on par with all the big names. Now CryTech has to prove they also know about level design.

Some more Söldner ressources:
feature overview @ the official site
interview with the lead designer @ The Adrenaline Vault
developer diary no.3 @ The Wargamer the other diaries are of course nearby
Post Fri May 23, 2003 2:11 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

*mutters something in Tigernese about Bethesda's plans for Sea Dogs2*

Well, I hope they do HPL justice, alot of people will take a wrongheaded approach to Cthulu very serious

"Far Cry", from what Ive read in Pc Gamer this month, is supposed to have some unbelievable environmental graphx. Show me a nice lush 3d forest and watch me drool like the first time i saw the Ghost Recon environs! ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Fri May 23, 2003 3:44 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You can move S.T.A.L.K.E.R. into next year´s pipeline. it has been pushed back to Sept. 2004.
Post Fri May 23, 2003 1:49 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I was looking through the sale advertisements in the Sunday paper and came across an ad from COMPUSA and saw that they had Serious Sam 2 on sale for FREE. Actually you had to pay five dollars for it; but you get a five dollar rebate so it actually becomes FREE. What does this have to do with this topic? Well, if you really want a heart-stopping, action-packed, kickass, no-holds-barred, down-and-dirty (I'm running out of adjectives) all-around hold your breath, non-stop FPS, then Serious Sam is the game to get NOW. There is absolutely no story and no plot to worry about, even if there was, you wouldn't have time to think about it, because the action is non-stop. There is something about walking through the jungle and hearing the distant screams and looking around and finally seeing the headless creatures running full-tilt at you with nothing on their minds other than killing you. All you can do is run backwards like Hell and shoot like crazy. If you've never played Serious Sam before, you are really in for a treat. I can't play the game very long though (the action is that intense). Remember, though, there is no story or plot, just non-stop action.
Post Mon May 26, 2003 4:24 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks Davo and Raldor for the info. I got the big HL2 movie... the new facial animation is fantastic - the G-Man looks great (couldn't find an emoticon with wiggling eyebrows and a shady grin, that'll have to do). And I've checked out the developer's website for Call of Cthulhu.

@xSamhainx, I agree (about HPL) & i think pleasing Lovecraft fans will be especially hard to do. Most of the Lovecraft stuff I've read is quite subtle and slow to build up, and more about the characters' mental state than anything else... not a lot of monsters jumping out of cupboards and the like. I doubt the game's going to take the exact same approach, and I'm sure HPL purists will criticise it for that. But judging it on it's own merits, I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think it's going to be a bad game. I especially like the down-to-earth treatment of the player character (ie, no artificial onscreen displays like health/ammo counters; injuries are realistic and there are no instant-fix "health packs"). The small video on the website doesn't give much away, but it does show that they've got some flair for creating atmosphere. Fingers crossed, anyway
Post Mon May 26, 2003 5:35 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

ETA for S.T.A.L.K.E.R

HeadHunter at http://www.oblivion-lost.com/en/
------------------------------------------------
Update: Now we've also got the confirmation that September 2004 is really a mistake by THQ. GSC is targeting November 2003 to complete the development. However of course it's up to the publisher when the game will be released but definitely not Sept. 2004!
-------------------------------------------------
Post Mon May 26, 2003 6:33 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next