Usergroups
GII English version official release date: Q 2/2003
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I knew I shouldnt even think about getting in here since the release gets worse for every week ... The only thing i can think of is to hope that Gothic 2 will be out before June !!! I would like to ask Jowood what the heck is going on but i dont think they would answer.

I think im going for a worldtravel then it might have been released when i back !!!
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:35 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

More bad news!!

Go to JoWooD forum and read:
http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14852

and you'll find that according to Babages, the release date has been changed to November 29! By that time, the game will be outdated and most fans will be pissed off. I wonder how many people will buy it.
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:26 am
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

There is no way its gonna get pushed back to November. I think that, incompotent as they seem to be, Jowood will not even bother releasing it if they cant do it by May. No doubt they have a few people looking through these forums checkin out our perspectives on it, and If they can't do this soon they will say "oh well, it did well here in Germany. We'll just save our money and not try to distribute it. Just listen to these people saying they are gonna back out!"

Though I hope this is not the case. Even if it does go back all the way till November I will still buy it. And all you who say you arent going to, still will. We will all just fill our time with something else, let G2 escape our minds for a few months, and when it does come out we will still be excited about it. We'll also be pretty peeved too, but I know I'm just gonna end up saying "This was totally worth it"
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:09 am
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

True

Even if the game is released in november, I will surely buy it but I really dont think that the game will be delayed until november.....
Anyway jowood should only tell us whats going on. If they dont they will only make fans of the game sad (AND ANGRY!)and that would be a badddddddd move for the company!

anyway, THE GOTHIC FORUMS ARE MY HOME PAGES AND I LOOK MAYBE 15 TIME A DAY TO SEE IF ANYTHING CHANGED ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE SO SOMEONE SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO HELP US UNDERSTAND WHATS GOIN ON!

(maybe we could infiltrate jowood HQ to talk to their boss to persuade him to send copies of the game worldwide!)
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:43 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

November 29th was last year's German release date. I take it some retailer got things mixed up.
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:34 am
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
November 29th was last year's German release date. I take it some retailer got things mixed up.

I really, really hope so.....
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:47 pm
-Jekyll
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have checked these forums for months now hoping for some good news on the release of Gothic 2, but have remained quiet because I understand how these things go. I just checked Amazons website to see if theyve pushed back the release date as well. Now, Amazons website says only "This item is not stocked or has been discontinued". I really hope that they are just updating their information, and that this is NOT a sign of whats to come.

/me goes back into hiding...
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:05 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Man this sucks, not till november now? I was truly praying for April so id have time to play it before planet x arrived. Now my life will be unfulfilled. I hope your happy jowood.
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:11 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gamestop now has 11/3 as the release date. WTF? Where are they getting these dates from? This can't be accurate. RIGHT????

Perhaps these sites have some standard rules for when a product misses "x" number of announced release dates. Gothic 2 has missed so many that they now push it back a mandatory 6 months or something.

Its also very likely that Jowood hasn't told them anything and they are just as clueless as we are.
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:26 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gamestop changes the date to Nov 3...
Amazon discontinues the countdown and assumes that the game won't ever be released...

omg omg omg... more and more bad news! BTW, anyone here living in Austria? Would you please throw some eggs at people from JoWooD? Com'on! I'll pay for the eggs! These people really need to wake up, man!
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:00 am
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The worst is that jowood dont even tell us whats goin on... a .com site like gothic2.com deserve to be updated!! and we people deserve to know! Jowood staff feed their families with OUR money! And I deserve gothic 2! And I work 6 days a week and my only day off must be filled with a game like that!!!
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:12 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by TrUmaNshO
and we people deserve to know! Jowood staff feed their families with OUR money! And I deserve gothic 2!

Yeah... we ALL deserve the game!! Don't you know that the Polish version has been released a few days ago** ?? And yet, we don't have ANYTHING--not even an info about the game! I don't really know what JoWooD is thinking, but I think someone should throw some eggs at them.

**Someone at JoWooD forum said that they were playing the game in full, professional Polish speech, so the Polish version is out already. Check www.cdprojekt.info for info. Actually, this is also THE reason why they had SotD everyday.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:27 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Did you not se my post about the Christmas release of the Gold Edition G2 plus Add-on? I thought I was joking...
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:37 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I wonder if its possible that something we assumed was done is not actually finished. Like the voice recording for instance. We've all been assuming that the English version of the game itself is done, finito. The manuals have been printed, boxes finalized, etc.

But what if this is not true. What if there are still things to be done and we don't know about that?

Do we have any word from the PB developers that the English related stuff they needed to do was really done?
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:56 am
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

yeah we never had news about that...but there must be a reason...

What is this reason?? hoho I dunno but I really would like to!

any idea?

anyway can someone confirm that the english version is complete???
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:26 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next