Celestial Guardian

Favorite Class

Has anyone post this topic before?

Last edited by Moonslash on Tue May 07, 2002 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:19 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I'm guessing you'll get lots of Faerie Ninja votes. This was actually a pretty tough question- every class has plusses and minuses. Every party I've started has had a ranger, so I probably should have voted that way, but I really enjoy those monks...
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:30 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I really like mages. I ussually play all single RPGs with mages and I have them in all parties in party RPGs.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:49 am
Gothmog
Village Leader
Village Leader

All classes can be useful and should be tried but back asfea as Wiz5 I've always found a spot for a Ninja. No need to worry about finding good weapons or armour,critical killing becomes very useful and they provide those interesting alchemist spells like blinding flash.The only drawback is the extra time needed to level them up.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 8:55 am

Favorite Class

Fighter, gotta love them. Not much on crit kills but mine is currently lvl 16 has an 11 base and 25 actual armor class. Stamina out to wazoo. Uses Fang and usually gets 75-140 pts of damage per attack.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 11:53 am

Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

I voted bard, just because they're so different. However, I reserve my right to change my vote after I start re-playing the game. I want to play with some different in-party classes, to see if I find some other favorite.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 11:45 pm
-=BlackBall=-
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Love the Bishop

Very versitile, Samurai is my second choice. My sammy has the bloodlust sword right now, and damn he gets alot of hits per round. Still, the Bishop I find to be the most positive addition to my party.
--Registered Linux User #227032--
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:59 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Seems like we should have a vote for alchemist- I forget who it was (sorry)but someone was working a party with 4 alchs and was rather passionate about the class...
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:32 pm

I like Rangers that were Bishops for 20 levels, but my absolute favorite is a Fairy Ninja who was a Bishop for 20 levels.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 3:28 am

Guest Dare

6 Alchemist's that switch classes later all the way.
If you put in the work and play it right you end up with a ridiculously powerful party. It also gives disturbing amounts of spell points if you switch to another spell casting class because of all the extra spells each giving more s.p.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:51 am

HolyWarrior

where the hell's the gadgeteer?

gadgeteers rule!
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 4:19 am

Interesting that you should have FORGOTTEN two whole classes! Although i've done without them a lot, Gadgeteers are certainly a lot of fun, and i've almost always got a Bishop...but i think:
The most powerful character possible is a Bard who changed to Fighter at L11. Berzerking with Excalibur after freezing everybody with Frigid Fiddle and melting their armor with Jericho Horn is just the way i like it. Especially if you've also imported all the nice instruments from W7!
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:07 pm

HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

I played Wiz6 / Wiz7 / Wiz 8 with one party and the best charcacter was my Samurai, followed by my Valkyrie. Both never changed classes. In Wiz7 my Faery Ninja/Mage was cool, in Wiz8 a Bard comes handy.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:35 pm
ChasR211
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Favorite Character

I voted Psionic, because my Psionic is the leader of my party the way I play, but my Bishop has more kills than anyone else. Bishops are awsome because they can learn ALL magic.

My basic party consists of a felpur samurai, a human valkrie, a human ninja, a mook gadgeteer, an elf bishop, and a human psionic, none of which have changed classes. They are now level 22/23. I also have Vi Domina and RFS-81 at level 20. I try to keep a full party of 8 whenever possible.

In W7, my favorite was my dwarf ninja, but ninjas don't seem to develop as fast in W8. In W7, all my characters changed classes every time the reached level 8 or as soon afterward as possible and started back at level 1 in the new class. I was able to build up magic abilities for all of my characters that way, even my lizardman who started as a fighter. I spent a lot of time at Umpani Headquarters killing the never-ending supply of Umpani Troopers just for experience. They were easy to kill once you learned how and yielded a lot of experience points.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 5:03 am