The "I Found something maybe useful" thread *spoil
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The "I Found something maybe useful" thread *spoil

Post something you found not been said yet. Perhaps all this info will help with someone making a FAQ for the game later on (Jemy u reading )

1. The Old Map, some maybe have went into the cave etc, and picklocked the chest inside to get the Ball and Chain Weapon. But if people are doing it for first time, keep healthy and make sure you have good strength and a Axe/Hammer weapon (perhaps the ball and chain one ). Why? See those pile of stones on the ground in the cave, once you open that chest they come to life and become golems, SteinGolems to be exact, nothing special but good XP to be had. Outside is a few other things, particularly in the smaller tomb *picklock skills necessary*

2. The Gin Palace

This place is halfway between Akin's farm and the lighthouse, you will see a hill side with broken carts etc, climb the hill immediately you will find a cave with a huge gate close and winch, you need something to lever the winch, Im not sure exactly what the object is, possibly a walking stick or a Steel Bar, but anyways inside is lots of Gin, and I mean lots.

3. The Lighthouse

After beating the bandits there, go behind the lighthouse and follow the path, enter the first cave and kill the shadowbeast in there, and pick up some nice potions and nice bags of gold, then keep following the path when leaving the cave, to find another cave which is deep lots of minecrawlers and a couple of orcs. Few chests for the picking with some useful selling items.

4. South of the Old Castle

When going to the south of the old castle, check the mountain, there is a place you can climb halfway, keep following a bit you will come across a cave, with a Gold goblet and a letter, Its Gilbert's (from Gothic 1) Note of saying how he hid there. Possibly an object to use later on in a quest I dunno yet. Leave the cave, instead of going down climb up and follow the path all the way up, you will find a dead orc with a spell scroll, heavy orc axe and a dex 5+ potion.

5. The old Tomb

From gothic 1, the tomb which you had to go in with the fire mage as part of a sub quest, well its there again, and the evil mage is back, go down and kick his ass for a nice Amulet of Power . For people who didnt play Gothic 1, the old tomb is up the cliffs from the Ice Area (New camp) in the Prison Colony area, or north from the swamp Dragon area, either way you will get there.

6. 2 runes of Teleport to Valley Pass.

Yep there is 2. One is at the start of the Valley pass, you should know by now that using the cave to bypass the orcs is the way to go, when you get out of the cave, head up and across the bridge and check the barrels at the back, after killing the 2 Field Bugs. The other is in the New Camp/Ice area, to the right of the dragon, there is a path going up with 2 Ice Golems (one of 12 in that area btw) on the ground is a dead body with the rune.

7. Dens Body

Near the slope which goes up to entrance to the Valley of the Mines, just go past a little fence and head up kill some snappers and there he is, grab the 200gold etc, Warning, when talking to Brutus in the Castle DO NOT say you have his gold straight away or he wont teach you, you must find Den first. But from dens body head up the slope eventually meet some Dragon Snappers, about 7 of them all the way to the top, you will find a Dex 5+ potion.

8. Where is Mudd?

Has anyone found his body yet
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:06 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: The "I Found something maybe useful" thread *s

quote:
Originally posted by DABhand
8. Where is Mudd?

Has anyone found his body yet

There's no Mudd in the game. If you really want one, go ask HornOx and see if he'll "transform" one for you.

There IS a Thorus in the game, though.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:14 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Heheheh I know there is no Mudd

Just teasing the old Gothic 1 players here

How many remember the "How many ways to kill Mudd thread" lol, I think I started that one
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:17 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Another thing, Although its silly early on, but if you open the main gates to let the orcs into the castle, goto brutus and talk to him a sleeper has possessed him and he says how easy it was, and how they will build a monument to their master on your grave (wow). Anyways beat him up and take the Book of Possession from him, DONT read!! Take to Pyrokar at the monestery for some XP
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:31 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

2, Palace of Gin.
Its the place where Vino from Lobart`s Farm has his little gin production facility. This will be told you by on of the brothers from Akils Farm. Enim or Ekil ? Don`t remember. Anyway first you can provoke them to fight - sfter that they both had for me something like You did enough. After two or three chapters I talked to one of them and he suddenly told me about molerat fat and Vino`s little secret. What You need to move the winch is molerat fat. It can be bought from this brother or found on Paladin`s ship
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:37 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

3. Lighthouse
Never found that one and 99,99% sure its not on the map of caves from the game. I never found minecrawlers in this area. Unless You speak about the mine-like cave by the stairs leading to stone circle. Maybe You could show it on some map?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:40 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

So this was the case with Brutus not teaching me. Thanks for news it was really a mistake for me. I knew about the book but I killed him before entering Orcs. Maybe You can give me some more info about this dialog. Does it sound like Brutus was suppose to be responsible for entering Orcs? I always thought that game was suppose to be longer and quest of letting orcs was only moved to Torlof cause movie with orcs attack was already ready.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:48 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by bora
3. Lighthouse
Never found that one and 99,99% sure its not on the map of caves from the game. I never found minecrawlers in this area. Unless You speak about the mine-like cave by the stairs leading to stone circle. Maybe You could show it on some map?

He's referring to the lighthouse of Dexter. There's a mine with 4 Mine Crawlers there.

btw, where's Thorus??
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:55 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

FetishFool - thanx man. Now I see. Thought there is only one lighthouse in the game. What would lighthouse do so far from sea?
Thorus?? Who is he? (Hope not making too big fool out of myself)
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:05 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by FetishFool
He's referring to the lighthouse of Dexter. There's a mine with 4 Mine Crawlers there.

I wouldn't consider it as a lighthouse. I'll call it "Dexter's Tower". In this thread, Jaz has provided directions to the tower. If you don't want to read the thread, go to grid Q12 in this map.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:10 pm
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

No I was referring to the Lighthouse to the NW of the map, not Dexter's.

Thanks for Molerat Fat idea, didnt realise it was that.

On Brutus, When you let in the orcs into the castle by pulling the lever in the tower next to gate, you will get a short FMV (actually this is a quest to get Bennet onto the ship later on), anyways when you talk to Brutus to talk about how he hates bugs etc, it instead showed a seeker talking in his place, just basically thanking you for letting them in and when they kill you they will build a monument for their master on your grave as a thanks. lol Percival still acuses you of opening the gate and still attacks, go into the room at the back opposite the kitchen and shoot him with your bow/crossbow it will kill him but you wont be annoyed each time you have to beat him up lol

Still wanna know why there is a teleport rune in Xardas's old Tower, and there is an active portal there, and I remember dialog from Pyrokar about evil coming through portals, I wonder if its a Mage mission to destroy it later on.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:02 am
texav
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can somebody tell me what is a molerat fat ???
because i really cant find it.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:34 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

DABhand - thx for Brutus. But to open the gate will alllow You to take Torlof not Benet. At least beeing Paladin it was enough for me to talk to Benet.
texav - one can be bought from one of the brothers on Akil`s Farm. Those you can provoke to fight. One of them talked to me - but in chapter 3 or 4. Before must have been to mad for my little provocation
Btw - 70 is final price. One I found on paladin`s ship. At the end of the game I had 3 in my inventory so assuming that onw was used up for opening the wench there must be at least 2 other places to find molerat fat.
And last thing, molerat fat is just plain simple fat but made out of molerats.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:30 pm
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I see its different for each class.

Merc class it was to get bennet

Paladin to get torlof, but in merc class to get torlof you had to destroy the evil in xardas's tower
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:51 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

For Paladin quest with Xardas`s tower was to get Joram - the sailor from monastery. It was given by Pyrokar.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:55 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next