Gothic 3 (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
PuXie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

English version first ?

I wonder y the developers think it's so important to have the german version out first .
I dont know but i get the feeling that there are more english speaking players than german speaking , if it's not , maybe it should have been if the would have put more energy into the english version .
Really I dont know , but thats what i think
Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:53 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Also, most deatch players know English, so it will work good for every1!
Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:54 am

@PuXie:

There are FAR more German speakers who bought Gothic & Gothic 2, than there are English speakers...
Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:17 pm

tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

...who bought Gothic & Gothic 2

(stupid guests )
Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:51 pm
PuXie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

english

Yes i guess more german talking ppl bought it , but i still think that if they would have put more energy into the english version , maybe the game would have been more known by the english speaking folks .
And no , german ppl hardly knows english .
All their tv shows and such are not subed but dubbed !
So maybe it's about time they learn some more english so gothic doesnt even have to be in german at all
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:02 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I think what you are saying is that Gothic / Gothic II need better advertising? I TOTALLY agree.

I'm a huge fan of this genre and only stumbled onto it myself. Noone I know who is big into PC games has ever heard of the game.

Huge tragedy really - and totally stupid for Atari to boot. It would have been an easy sell. Consider Morrowind.

I'm playing Morrowind right now (hot off the heels of finishing Gothic 2), and I can honestly say the production values in Gothic 2 are just as high. Gameplay different but just as fun. Gothic should cater to an even WIDER audience than Morrowind too because combat is more action oriented and the story is much easier to pursue (I won't say its linear, just more linear"ish"). Look at the Morrowind following! Its all advertising, advertising, advertising! They even have the self perclaimed Game of the Year Edition!
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:57 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I think it will be great, I just hope they don't change the feel of the game to much. I saw Viking looking people in a screenshot, NO! (I have nothing against Vikings but it is not Gothic-y)
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:11 am
PuXie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

more advertising yes

Toddmc thats exactly what I am trying to say =) i think gothic is better , its a cleaner story and i just think gothic is more smooth than morrowind .
It's a pity though that barely noone knows about it .
Myself i got a tip from my friend who had a really rpg freaked friend ,
I think it's sad that the becames known that way and not by advertising as you said .
I really hope they put more energy into that in g3 and i still think they should release the eng version first
Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:58 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

OBLIVION is my most wanted.

Yet, I am almost as excited about Gothic3. I played Gothic2 this year! This was because of all the praise it receives here at rpgdot. Great game! I like it very much! I'd like to play the expansion pack, but I doubt they will translate it for the US.

I still need to play Gothic1.

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:35 pm
AyN-ReX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I really hope it gets out soon!!! Gothic 3 will start a revolution in rpg gaming.
I hope that the world in Gothic 3 will at least 3-times biger than in 2!!!
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:18 pm
garik

Gothic III will be the greater game in 2005/2006
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:26 am

Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by AyN-ReX
I really hope it gets out soon!!! Gothic 3 will start a revolution in rpg gaming.

Hopefully not. I want a pure sequel, nothing new. 'cause I loved Gothic 1 and liked Gothic 2.

quote:
I hope that the world in Gothic 3 will at least 3-times biger than in 2!!!

Yeah. People didn't complain enough about those long paths they had to walk ...
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:27 am
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

@AyN-ReX

I bealive the world will be 5 times bigger [I think I read this somewhere.]

@Hindukönig

I think that exploring Gothic 1,2 world was one of the more fun things too do. So bigger the land, longer the walks the better IMO.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:51 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by Mercenary
I think that exploring Gothic 1,2 world was one of the more fun things too do. So bigger the land, longer the walks the better IMO.

I just wouldn't want to risk a loss of details. Big, empty country - no thanks, I played Morrowind (I like it, but the world of it is lifeless). The coolest part in Gothic 1 and 2 isn't exploring to me, it's interacting with NPCs. But that's subjective, I suppose.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:36 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

IMHO the coolest thing to do is sneaking through the dark woods around lvl 10 trying to find nice things and to kill wolves for their pelts, and hunt the lonely orc 'n snappers while you have to avoid the undead warriors and so on. Great joy when you find a cave with crawlers to kill and a nice ring to boot
And the low level quest are very good too
Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:53 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next