Lots of questions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Dunge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lots of questions...

Ok I just palyed a bit Gothic2 and lot of questions came to me...

1. Where is the in-game map?? In the controls in option it say "m" is the key but I press it and it don't show up.. do I need to find it somewhere?

2. What is this ADVANCED combat system you guys are talking about? I mean you can block, and attack by pressing up, left, right while you mostly always use up.. that's pretty basic to me!

3. *POSSIBLE NON-IMPORTANT SPOILER* I need to find 10 swampweed for a merc, I have 10 swampweed and 9 stalk of swampweed and it's not enough, how do I transform swampweed to stalk of swampweed? Rolling paper?

4. *ANOTHER POSSIBLE NON-IMPORTANT SPOILER* I need to fight this guy Raoul to convaince another guy i'm on the good side.. but damn he is like 10x stronger than me! How???

5. How the hell do I level up in the start? I can nearly only kill these bloodfly but they don't give lot of xp... plus if I go in the wild to find them there are always big ass monster who kill me in one it

EDIT:
6. How do I know what scrolls are doing? I jsut got a scroll of Oblivion, tested it and couldn't notice what changed..

7. Is there a site who cover most of the game item/monster/place/etc so I could stop askign these kind of stupid questions?

EDIT2:
8. Oohhh and can we have unlimited item in our bag? I mean that's not really good for roleplaying..
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:26 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

your answers:
1: m is the hotkey to open the world map if you have one instead of having to go into your inventory to do it
2: im not sure what you mean...
3: alchemist bench and a basic knowledge of alchemy...
4: bow until hes almost dead then beat him with your melee weapon
5: cant help you on that one its all party of the game if you were really tough in the beginning then the game wouldnt be much fun...
6: ok, oblivion makes npc's forget that you have done something bad to them, other scrolls are pretty self explanitory
7: you're on it...
8: yes

now answer my question...
why the hell am i answering these questions if it does not benefit me in any way, shape, or form?

and jesus christ do i hate having to type so much
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:19 am
Dunge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok guess I will start the number again..
1. Where do I find this map at the start? Could be very usefull
2. People say combat are so great and this game while they are normal.. that's all
3. Ok,.. but I don't think it's possible to be alchemist at my level unless I go see the guy in town to be apprentice but I wanna be merc not apprentice!
4. Ok,.. will try that
5. I guess
6. Ok,..
7. There are no pages with list of things for reference, looking at forums is slow
8. yes limit or yes no rp? cause I don't see a limit nowhere and I just keep picking thigns up

Now for your question, if nobody would answer nobody this forum would suck I mean what are you doing here if you only want to think of yourself?
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:55 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

1. Where do I find this map at the start? Could be very usefull
- You can buy one from a gut at the docks in Khorinis(he's sitting between the boat-makes, and the tavern).

2. People say combat are so great and this game while they are normal.. that's all
- You develop, once you reach 30% you can use new combos, and once you reach 60% even more advanced combos. The same goes for both 1H and 2H swords, although the combos and effects are different.

3. Ok,.. but I don't think it's possible to be alchemist at my level unless I go see the guy in town to be apprentice but I wanna be merc not apprentice!
- You can become an apprentice, and a citizen of Khorinis, without ruining the chance of becoming a merc. In fact, I advice you to do so, because it'll get you a lot of cash, and experience. Just don't join the milita(which you can also do once you've become citizen).

4. Ok,.. will try that
5. I guess
6. Ok,..
7. There are no pages with list of things for reference, looking at forums is slow
- There is a search function, but when you have several questions, just post them here, and you'll always get an answer. Most of us are just happy to help!

8. yes limit or yes no rp? cause I don't see a limit nowhere and I just keep picking thigns up
- There is no limit.

And by the way, welcome!
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:28 am
Dunge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well thanks!
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:42 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Anytime!
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:17 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

you can also learn alchemy from sagitta the herb witch shes in a cave in the woods behind sekob's farm
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:37 pm
Ondar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

But you must killl black troll to get Sun Aloe which Sagitta needs before she teaches you Alchemy. Or maybe you can just grab it cause it is in front of the cave with black troll (if you don't know, where black troll is, you can see him on top of the map of new world).

I think, that you can learn alchemy from a guy in docks in Khorinis (can't remember his name). He gives you quest named "Experiment" which involves using scroll of Oblivion on someone. But I was not able to complete this quest. I have beaten the guy who lends money, used spell on him, but nothing has changed.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:42 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Ignaz's quest is easy, but it doesn't seem to work well on people in the harbour area. Try someone else.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:00 am
Dunge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lol I signed up with Constantinos but Ignaz was funny I steal a few thing in his shop (Ignaz) knocked him down, stole thigns on him, oblivion, he get up and I say I tested and it worked lol he said great
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:59 pm