Conditions to see "Real Water"
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Conditions to see "Real Water"

I just bought a Geforce 4 Ti4200 64 mo and the water is still the same. I thought that with a Geforce 4 the water would be like the screenshots we all saw on gamespot or rpgdot. I want to see real water!My last card was a Geforce 2 GTS.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:07 pm
SamaRy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

did u try turning all options to "max" settings? not a big computer guy, but i think it also has to do with the type of gf card that you have. i also have a gf4 64, i think that you need at least a 128 to turn all the options on. oh, and i also do not have the desired water effect, but i still enjoy the game.

Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:04 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I have same card as you. And I see shining water (pixel shaders).
To turn on this features, there must checked box in "outside the game" menu. Just go into your MW directory or into MW menu in Win Start menu and you should be able to start this "out of the game" menu.
However if you install game with graphic card that supports pixel shaders, pixel shaders are automatically "on". But if you installed without such a card and, bought it you must check it manually.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:44 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Click "option" on Morrowind startup menu, choose (tick/mark) "Pixel Shading" to "on."

Right Click on desktop to bring up "display Properties," go to "settings" and then "advanced," that will open up few nVidia driver tabs. Turn on & max out everything that enhance visuals - antialiasing, mipmapping, anistropic filtering, desktop & in-game color depth, etc.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:04 pm
SamaRy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

wow, i stand waaaayyyy corrected then, i'll go try out the things that you guys have said also and see if i can get the water effect. thx.

Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:00 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Remus
Click "option" on Morrowind startup menu, choose (tick/mark) "Pixel Shading" to "on."

Right Click on desktop to bring up "display Properties," go to "settings" and then "advanced," that will open up few nVidia driver tabs. Turn on & max out everything that enhance visuals - antialiasing, mipmapping, anistropic filtering, desktop & in-game color depth, etc.

You should rather not follow whole this advice. With pressing option you will get the "out of the game option" I wrote you about.
However GF4 4200 is not strong enough card to handle "everything on max" in MW.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:10 pm