Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
MM9 - Some strange bugs I'v encountered so far...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
machaira
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

MM9 - Some strange bugs I'v encountered so far...

Sometimes when at the water surface, while swimming, the color of water and land bleeds out and or goes haywire. I remember in my first party this happened and I was walking under the water with out drowning. But I should also mentioned that while in this "wierd zone" I could fire at a group of evil mages from underneath them, but couldn't get to any treasure they dropped.

Around the castle area in Thjorgard, you can get stuck and have to reload a previous save.

Though chest usually refill when you leave and then reenter an area, I entered the training hall in Thjorgard several times to continue to reap the benefits of the blackchest that's there. After a time the chest will only yield 1000 gold. Also appearantly all blackchest from then on in the game will only yield 1000 gold. (This last bug so "bugged" me that I've restarted the game with a different party. This time I'm planning on ending up with an Assassin, a Gladiator, a Paladin, and a Lich. Although I may opt for the Mage because I know what it takes to get one promoted from adventuring with my first party.)

I hired the NPC Mage in the tavern in Thjorgard. After a day or two of adventuring she was still at the tavern when I returned there, yet, she was still in my party. It would have been cool to have hired two of her but that was not an option.

My Advise:

For a NPC to hire pick the Mage in the tavern in Thjorgard. She's cheap and powerfull.

Get skill promotions for disarm trap, perception, repair item, and identify item early in the game. Then work on first the armor and then the weapon skills for the fighters in the group. If you have the skill points get your Initiate or Scholar promoted in Elemental Magic as soon as you can. And buy or find the Town Portal spell.
(This should be considered basic stuff for beginning.)
Also don't play the games in guberland until you need the prizes.
Otherwise you'll find them just taking up inventory space until they are needed.

One last thing.
As some have mentioned in previous post Forad Darre (the guy that joins you at the beginning of the game) is a good NPC to have. He cost nothing and if you happen to have the Shared Life spell scroll, his health points will bring most if not all your party members up to full health, while you are in the lower character levels in the early part of game.

Last edited by machaira on Sat May 25, 2002 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat May 25, 2002 9:35 am
Hellhound
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Here's a few more .....

I am not sure that these are bugs but they were reproducible on my machine

1) Staff of Truth: right-clicking on it in my inventory caused the game to crash to the desktop

2) Desert terror keeps reappearing when you revisit Thornheim on third visit it gets into a loop and becomes unkillable

3) In Lich Lab. I tried to get Lichs from side rooms to follow me into the big room with the transmutation machine in it so I could split them up and deal with them 1 or 2 at a time. On using this tactic the second time the Lichs and Lich Kings froze on their second respawn and stayed that way! saving me the time and effort of having to kick their sorry butts a second time .... woohoo!
Post Sat May 25, 2002 11:22 am
machaira
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That's good to hear about the Lich one. I was looking over the benefits if any of having a Lich instead of a Mage and noticed the Lich creatures have 20 percent resistance to everything. I'd say that was a plus so I'm gonna go for a Lich this time.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 3:26 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Re: Here's a few more .....

quote:
Originally posted by Hellhound

2) Desert terror keeps reappearing when you revisit Thornheim on third visit it gets into a loop and becomes unkillable

The Desert terror becomes invulnerable as soon as it kills it's first civilian... after that you might as well leave, only the guards can kill it.

Another bug to look for is a screen lock-up bug. If you enter an area before you are meant too and kill something that was needed for a cut scene then the screen will freeze when the cs triggers. The worst part about it is that your quicksave gets ruined in the process and you must load from your last hard save!
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Sat May 25, 2002 3:51 pm
Guest Dare

Black chests

Actually what you encountered with the black chests is not a bug. You can only acquire a certain % of all the artifacts in any single game. I think someone mentioned it was 40% but I don't know how accurate that is. After you have your limit of artifacts all black chests from that point on will give only gold.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 3:04 pm

machaira
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks Dare. That would explain it because:
On the Mage I had: Tolleri, Pendant of the Spheres, Poltergeist, Manarus, Walking Boots (my first found usable artifact), Lubricious, Soulband, and Screever was in her inventory for future use.
On Ranger One I had: Everstrike, The Green Man, Swordbane (the A.C 75 one), Bloodaxe, and the ring Sturkabygel. Arrowfoe, Samarjit, Singsword, and Mjulnir were in her inventory.
On Ranger Two I had: Brongnoker, Mountbatten, Hubris, and Gungnir the first artifact I ever found. I found that last one in the Ruins by opening a Blackchest in a room I wasn't supposed to have access to until later in the game. But the door opened and I took advantage of it while i was there. All characters were 12th level for that adventure yet managed to get the book for the Mage Quest.
On the Paladin I had Brodrick's Complete set of items.

My new party has 3 artifacts now.
On Scholar I have: Blackpowder.
On Mercenary I have: none
On Paladin I have: Butterbunger (It knocks him out more often than not, I'm looking forward to getting a better artifact for him in the future)
On the Assassin I have: Blackheart.
This new party are all 11th level except the Assassin who is 12th, and have completed the Mountain Pass Quest, and got Strumford, Guberland, Trjorland, and Thronheim to join the coalition.

My current goals are to master perception, and beef-up the party in the armor and weapons divisions and skills.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 10:22 pm