gothic city issue 1 (part 2)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Grapes
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

gothic city issue 1 (part 2)

This week's issue is explaining bugs in Gothic 1 and how to avoid them or how to use them to your advantage. Please post more bugs that you know about in Gothic 1.

First bug: In chapter two the minecrawlers nest at the end of the mission where you have to get the secretion from the queen's eggs. You have to get three templars to stand at the gate of the main nest. Once you have done that and you have to open the gate it sais the winch is jammed. The way to avoid this is by making sure you save before opening the gate. Also if this happens it means you have already touched the winch. If you touch it even if it for a second and let go it is jammed. So open it the first time you touch it and if you accidently let go load from where you just saved.

Second Bug: When you are falling from a great distance that you know you are going to get hurt/die hold down left/right key and not one bit of damage is done. This is a good bug.

Third Bug: When the guards won't let you into the castle or the rogues won't let you into the bar or any other time. Draw your weapon and they will draw their's while they are saying put that weapon down the won't say you can't enter here. So run past the guards then put your weapon away. But even if you put your weapon away they will assume you still have it out so the only way to make them put their weapons away is to get out of there sight then when ever you want go back they will be back.

these bugs are only tested on version 1.08j (english)
Post Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:05 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

No offence, but every known bug is discussed several times at this forum. Also many people have read JemyM's FAQ/walkthrough which also discribes a lot of bugs and what people can do to avoid them.
Don't get me wrong I like the initiative to make these posts, but I just think they are a bit unnesisary.
Post Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:51 pm
CassRo
Seer of Delphi
Seer of Delphi

I think this guy is an @$#1%.
I mean, you just join a forum in which Gothic is the most discussed game and you post a topic in which you mention the most known bugs in the game!!!
AND, you make a magazine of the forum without asking the admin!

...thank Myrthos, he's been banned!

You read this text AGAIN?! ARGHH! Stop reading! Now! You're still reading this, aren't you. *sigh* Sure, read, I doesn't bother me. Really! Read on, dude. Cool. READ. Ok, enough! Stop! ... I hate you ... If you don't stop I'll replay Manhunt and I'll show you what I can do with a toothpick!!!11 Save the Whales!!!!!!111oneoneone
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:59 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Don't you think thats a little harce? I mean he probably ment well and wanted to do us a favor. It's unnessisary because most people here already know most (if not all) bugs in the game, but I don't think he should be banned (but that's just my opinion).
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:15 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

CassRo, please be less abrasive, especially towards new users. Grapes has not been banned from the RPGDot forums - no idea what you're talking about.

Now to Grapes... please take EDV's advice to heart. Search the forums before posting things which have been posted many times before.

Thank you.
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:50 pm
CassRo
Seer of Delphi
Seer of Delphi

Hmm...ok, Jaz. Sorry, life hasn't been too good to me the last 2-3 days.
And about the being banned thing, somebody posted something that sounded like this:
quote:
Please do not post here because he is an idiot and has already been banned from the forums.

It was made in one of Grapes' topics.

Oh, and if you get banned, are your posts deleted? Are they deleted of they are the last post in a topic, when you can normally cancel it?

You read this text AGAIN?! ARGHH! Stop reading! Now! You're still reading this, aren't you. *sigh* Sure, read, I doesn't bother me. Really! Read on, dude. Cool. READ. Ok, enough! Stop! ... I hate you ... If you don't stop I'll replay Manhunt and I'll show you what I can do with a toothpick!!!11 Save the Whales!!!!!!111oneoneone
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:52 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

They were talking about a different forum in that thread.

When you're banned you can't access the forums anymore - that's it. Your posts aren't automatically deleted; if they warrant a deletion, they're deleted manually.
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:20 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

So what if this has been discussed before.I don't find gothic 1 forum THAT active anyhow so what is all this fuss when some new guy comes here and posts a decent topic? Surely he didn't use the search funtion, but that is quite a common mistace, and defiently not a good reason get mad at him/her.
Post Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:15 am
CassRo
Seer of Delphi
Seer of Delphi

Again, sorry, I already motivated my anger.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:29 pm