View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra
Oops, too late! I cleaned out the cemetary Easter Egg ... party is mostly 10th level. Why the warning about L11? I didn't find it too very challenging (aside from 4 fire breathing beasties that were very easy to freeze flesh on).
Perhaps Mr. Lintra didn't find the room with the 3 morax? Not sure where I pulled the L11 from. My guideline has always been:
Graveyard: L11
Northern Wild: L14
Mountain Wild: L18
All self-imposed and self-defined values. Could be that most of my parties in the past year or two have been a tad experimental and flawed. A properly designed crew could probably tackle each of the eggs a level or two sooner.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:42 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Decided to go to Mt Gigas afore the mines. Traveled through the wilderness (pretty good pickings there), and looted a TON of lockers in Gigas. Then teleported (final got that spell, YAY!) to Arnika to help speed up the return to Marten's Bluff .. got tagged to by HiLi (sp?) to keep my double agent status a secret. Bah!

Then trudged south to Trynton ... quit playing right as I was about to enter the swamps. Only have two guys that can pull the teleport trick right now ... so I have on in Mt Gigas, and the other is intended to be a more mobile one. Quit playing with the party on the door step to the swamp.

Interesting plot so far ... party is now L11 through L12 and is starting to look pretty darned dangereous.

Query: What the (*&(#@& happened to the crab shells I sold ages ago? I want to build on of the special armors, but am missing crab shells. I remember selling some early in the game (definately in Arnika, but none of the merchants there had them). I actually spent a fair amount of time fighting my way back into the monestary to see if maybe, just maybe I sold them to that guy there, but no.

Quit
Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:51 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

Vendor's inventories recycle after time, even stuff that you sell to them. It has likely been too long since you sold them, and they have been "recycled out".

Also the armor that you are trying to make is only for Faeries, and IIRC you do not have one in your party.

That being said, they can be found outside the Monastery or in Bayjin.
Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by _gator
Vendor's inventories recycle after time, even stuff that you sell to them. It has likely been too long since you sold them, and they have been "recycled out".

Also the armor that you are trying to make is only for Faeries, and IIRC you do not have one in your party.

That being said, they can be found outside the Monastery or in Bayjin.

Crikey! I forgot about the faerie limit ... I was so very excited that I could finally craft one of the items! Oh well, back to my hunt for a Poison Seeker thingy.
Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:37 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

There are some set locations for Poison Seekers....so you will find one eventually.
Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:48 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Got the stinkin' poison sac! YAY!! Just found it lying there out in the open. Then got an other during a fight. Seems like I didn't accomplish much, but I did. I cleared out the nasties leading to ... Bayjin (Sp??). Really, really nasty fight. 5 of the sentry buggers were hanging out ready to kill the party. No one died, but MAN was it a close run thing. Decided not to head to Bayjin yet, as Vi didn't want to go ... so off to the mines!

Boy were those fights in and around the mines easy. Lotsa xp's but the fights were really quite simple. Odd. Quit last night after picking up the monk bot and turning down the warrior bug. Was this a good choice? Dunno.

Now am faced with what looks like a dead end ... except for these mine carts and what resembles a rail switching control panel. Figure I'll try that out tonight.

Query: Having built one Steelhide breast plate, will I ever find another steelhide croc skin to build a second? I have the poison sac and (i believe) thorns.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:01 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Mines will be either hard or easy, depends on what your party level is when tackle them.

There is only one Steelhide in the game. A lot of the components for custom items are "one-of-a-kind".
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:07 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I can't think of a time when the Mines have been overly difficult.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:31 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Got into Lower Marten's Bluff and explored it to the extent I could. Found a teleporter that needs to be fixed (it is set on a random setting now) and was able to find the 'overlord' or something, but was unable to access the rest of Upper Marten's bluff.

Found Cronk, got the Rapax perfume, but am now stuck on the mission to eliminate the assasin. Can't figure out what Z'ant is raving about. Switches? Uh? Where? Thought about it while driving (biking?) into work this AM, and want to go back and mess with the broken catapaults.

Q: Upon first entering LMB from mines there is a room with 4 or 5 doors and a corridor leading off to the North. I can NOT figure out how to open the door going west. Looks like it should hook up with room with Z'ant, but I can not figure that door out! Spoil me on this one, please.

If the catapaults don't solve this issue, I'm giving up on the T'Rang quests for a goodly bit ... 'cept I've yet to find a '100% T'Rang' item for the Umpani. Arg!!
Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:11 am
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

Don't give up on the T'Rang quests. You are doing great.

west door:
Spoiler:
In one of those rooms will be a 'Pulse Pick'. Use it on that door.
Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:57 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Don't mean to butt in but how do I get to the wilderness and then Mt. Gigas from the swamp? I can't seem to find the northern exit from the swamps into the wilderness. Is it where those Rynjinn dudes are(in that shell like structure)? cause those guys are WAY too hard for me right now.
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:10 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Heh, that exit from the Swamp leads to a lot more of the Rynjinn dudes. If you can't handle those guys, then you should turn back now.
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:44 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Check the little map in your manual. The swamp and Mt. Gigas (and the Northern Wilderness) don't touch, so you can't go directly between them.
Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:16 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Despite having a four day weekend, did not advance the story much ... catapault *was* the way in - then the switches question became trivial (also answered my nagging question about the trap door above the elevator). Gained an idol, lost a party member, got the member back (a quick murder and all was well again) ... fixed teleporter then decided to try out Mt Gigas. Not sure why, but have spent hours wandering around the corridors looking for a way to repair the training machine ... no luck yet, but I am *far* from having exhausted all my options. And anyway all this mapping is a good thing. Not to mention the loot I am picking up on the way!

Must not forget to return to M Bluff and find his 'words'. So far I've only seen some graffiti - don't spoil me on this yet ... I am just musing out loud (on paper?).
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:31 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Did you hear the electric zap on that "ATM"? Perhaps the wiring needs a look?
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:04 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next