Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
A question for the German speaking people in here..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

A question for the German speaking people in here..

I've been reading a lot on this page Gorath told me of in a thread somewhere on this forum, and I understand almost everything, but there are two things I don't understand.

What does this mean:
+125 Mana durch selbstgebraute Tränke
+50 Mana durch Dunkelpilze

You can find it under the "tipps & tricks" section under "guides", and it explains how to get mana in the add-on. The other things are fearly easy to understand; the priest set adding 60 mana, the 42 mana you can get from stone tablets, etc, but 125 mana from something? The only thing I can think of is "selfmade elixirs of spirit", but I don't think there is 25 Kings' Sorrel in the game..

And "Dunkelpilze"? This is the most common of the two mushroom types if I'm not terribly misstaken, but I thought you got a +5 mana bonus from eating 50 mushrooms, not a +50 bonus? I believe this is a typo on the page, but you can never be sure in Gothic, so I simply ask for a confirmation..

This is the page by the way:
http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

"je 50 Dunkelpilze essen: + 5 Mana"
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:38 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maylander,

Did you know that worldofgothic.com is in English now as well?

Just go to www.worldofgothic.com and enjoy all of their content (save for the forum posts, of course) in English.

The translations are very well done and I've found that they get newbits converted over from the German side in a timely manner.

Their maps, tables, and guides for both Gothic and Gothic 2 are very useful.
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:02 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: A question for the German speaking people in here..

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
+125 Mana durch selbstgebraute Tränke
+50 Mana durch Dunkelpilze

You're correct about the potions, "selfmade elixirs of spirit" is a pretty good translation. I don't have the addon, so I can't say whether this is right or wrong.

ALthough I haven't got the addon I know that you can get +50 mana for those Dark Mushrooms, unlike in the G2 you can now use this bonus over and over again. Not just one time. Just save your Dark Mushrooms untill you have 50 and start eating them, there are a lot of them throughout the game.
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:39 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I know Gorath, that's why I said it must be a typo. If you look up under "mana boosting" further down on tipps & tricks it says +50.

-----------------------------

Thanks for the link!

-----------------------------

So you're saying that if you eat 100 dark mushrooms you get +10 bonus? And 500 you get the +50 bonus they are talking about? That means that the game must have about 500 mushrooms. I'm going to start harvesting right away, a +50 mana bonus is a good thing to have in the add-on!

Also, if any of you have played the add-on, got any tips on how to take care of the stone guardians as a magician? They have 90 magic resistance, and my most powerful spell is the ice lance with 100 damage, hehe. I have no intention of waiting till the 4th chapter to do the add-on world, so right now I use a LOT of awaken golem/summon demon scrolls!
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:04 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Wave of Ice and Summon Skeleton should be a good start.
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:08 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Summon skeleton? They can take care of the stone guards? I thought about that, but thought they were too fragile. I'll give it a try though, since there are far more scrolls of create skeleton than awaken golem(I only have circle 2 now, so I can't have create skeleton either as a rune, only summon wolf/goblin skeleton, hehe).
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:19 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

NOTR seems to be difficult. I wonder how will i survive...
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:25 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Just plan everything, and do a merc or a pally first. The magician is virtually impossible without having played through the expansion at least once.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:52 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Summon skeleton?

I just got my own copy and it's certainly different, scavengers and fieldraiders that do damage and such things.
Some things are pretty weird now. I went hunting with Bartok, but the only way we could survive the six wolves was with summon skeleton. Correction, only I could survive, because Bartok was killed first by the skeleton. After that the six wolves.
Lares is really handy in the addon btw.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:19 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Alright...in the regular game its 10 mana from 50 dark mushrooms. And yes there are alot of king's sorrel in the game. Some found. Mostly bought. Without magic rings.....and using the mushroom trick once, the rest making potions, I was able to get all 250 mana points without using skill points. Besides eating a number of apples and thekla's stew, are there any other cheap perma stat boosters? (Dragon root goblin berries and all those expensive plants don't count neither do blessings.)
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:25 am