luck
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Rangstrom
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

luck

For those of you farther along does increasing luck create any tangible benefits? I know in Fallout there were some areas that you would only find if your luck was very high. Since I don't see any modifiers for luck I'm reluctant to raise it in the early levels.
Post Thu May 23, 2002 7:07 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Since I have found nothing to give a multiplier to luck I could only go up one at a time. The problem with that is I could not see any difference in game play. I got someting recently to give me like a crap load of luck but I have such hig stats to where I don't think I will notice anything.
Post Thu May 23, 2002 7:57 pm
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

Luck I would wonder is more of a thief's attribute to worry about. Or maybe it is more related to some disciplines then others, like warrior needing it less then mage.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 1:23 am
7th Guest
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

According to how the other stats work, i guess it adds a bonus of (1/10) of your luck stat to all rolls.

Like with Luck 40 you'll get +4 on hitting opponents, casting spells etc.
Also it might the only thing enhancing your success on 'got better' rolls on your skills.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 1:03 pm
bpdlr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, one way to find out would be to create some kick-ass potions of Fortify Luck and find out it there's any visible difference. I might try this tonight, although it is *yet another* distraction from my attempt to catch up with all the quests I have in my journal.

I was also wondering whether anything modified Luck. I had a theory that if you kept on reloading the game whenever you wanted to pick a door or chest, to make sure you always got it right first time, would that modify the Luck increase? :p

BaZ
Boycott Shampoo!
Demand REAL poo!
Post Fri May 24, 2002 1:22 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have played it the end, and I have seen nothing to help my luck out. As regard to using luck though I am sure it is for all classes and not just like a thief because he is relying on skills and what would a thief be if he had to rely on luck to get anything done...he would be a sorry theif. Because many people talk about this and nobody seems to have answers I will edit my toon to give me like 50 luck or something just to see if I notice anything different on a brand new toon where I would suck anyways. I might not be on the game for awhile though so anyone can do this. I will post my results after this 3 days weekend. I am going to Disney World
Post Fri May 24, 2002 1:45 pm