A Couple of Things???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

A Couple of Things???

1. I have downloaded the Zed Mod but it makes my system crash more than ever. Can I select it and deselect it. If so will I lose things I have sold to him?
2. I have those enchanted boots and can speed around but can't see a thing. I have to use the map but the bad thing is the creatures can see me. They are called the boots of blinding speed with 100% Blind on self and Fortify Speed 200 pts on self.
3. I have the Amulet of shadows and it works great in a fight but not when I try to steal something. I get caught everytime. My Sneak skill is up to 70. What am I doing wrong?
4. Just a wish but it should would be nice to ride an animal or fly on one. Levitating is still kinda slow.
5. I finally got my stronghold started any advice there would be appreciated.
6. I had to deliver a sealed order from Odral Helvi to Tenisi at the Hlaalu Treasury in Vivic. Seems there were a few options so I chose to give it to Curio instead. There was a bigger reward. Are there any far reaching consequences from this.

Thanks all in advance.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:13 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

1) I learned it is better to not mod Morrowind. Can't help you.

2)What's the question?

3)Make sure the person you are stealing from is not facing towards you, even with the amulet. Approch them and while they are talking, walk around them to the other side so their back is to the side you are stealing from. Then walk away a short distance and sneak back to them and try again. If at first you don't suceed, reload and try again.

4)Yeah. Thank Helm that there are quick travel options to some places.

5)Which Great House? Telvanni is the coolest in my opinion. If you encounter any problems, just ask. Make sure you have five-thousand gold pieces handy.

6)No. Odral Helvi will hate you a little more, but at the end of his quests, if done correctly, he will be taken out of commission anyway. You picked the good option though. Make sure to keep picking the good options.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:40 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
1) I learned it is better to not mod Morrowind. Can't help you.

2)What's the question?

3)Make sure the person you are stealing from is not facing towards you, even with the amulet. Approch them and while they are talking, walk around them to the other side so their back is to the side you are stealing from. Then walk away a short distance and sneak back to them and try again. If at first you don't suceed, reload and try again.

4)Yeah. Thank Helm that there are quick travel options to some places.

5)Which Great House? Telvanni is the coolest in my opinion. If you encounter any problems, just ask. Make sure you have five-thousand gold pieces handy.

6)No. Odral Helvi will hate you a little more, but at the end of his quests, if done correctly, he will be taken out of commission anyway. You picked the good option though. Make sure to keep picking the good options.

For question #2 I was wondering why I can be seen by the creatures.

I'll try to remember what you said about the person I'm stealing from.

This is my first time with Morrowind so I didn't know and now I am stuck with Hlaalu. I realized later it may be a bad choice.

That's cool about Odral. I don't think much of him anyway.

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate the help.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:26 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

well this boots make you blind so you cant see but the creatures can still see you, quite logic eh?
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:17 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

That makes no sense. Oh well but thanks for the info.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:19 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

why doesnt it make sense? You are blind. You CANT see. Your enemies are not blind. They CAN see. So they can attack you.
the boots only blind you, you see.

Does it make sense now
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:08 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Think of it as the boots being cursed.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:10 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Those boots are very cool. If you give yourself a great deal of magical resistance (60%+) - it only has to be active when you put them on - you will only be blinded by the fraction that you aren't protected. Eg. 60% magic resistance will equal 40% reduction in brightness. Some simple increase of the game's gamma/brightness will then make it just as bright for you as before... plus you're very fast.

I, however, found the best way of getting around was to wear those boots and find/get/make an item that gives about 20 points of increased jump. You can practically move over any town in a few well placed jumps, and your speed on roads or any other surface for that matter, (if you don't stop to hunt) is simply amazing. (That takes care of question 4, too!!)
Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:38 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

No problem. If you ever need help, feel free to ask. That is what we are here for.

P.S. If you ever play again, join Telvanni. They are the BEST house, period.
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:31 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by tolgerias
why doesnt it make sense? You are blind. You CANT see. Your enemies are not blind. They CAN see. So they can attack you.
the boots only blind you, you see.

Does it make sense now

It just seemed strange to be able to run fast but not see where your going. Of course I use the map but you can't tell if you miss something close by.

Thanks
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:43 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by sauron38
Those boots are very cool. If you give yourself a great deal of magical resistance (60%+) - it only has to be active when you put them on - you will only be blinded by the fraction that you aren't protected. Eg. 60% magic resistance will equal 40% reduction in brightness. Some simple increase of the game's gamma/brightness will then make it just as bright for you as before... plus you're very fast.

I, however, found the best way of getting around was to wear those boots and find/get/make an item that gives about 20 points of increased jump. You can practically move over any town in a few well placed jumps, and your speed on roads or any other surface for that matter, (if you don't stop to hunt) is simply amazing. (That takes care of question 4, too!!)

That's great! I was wondering why I could see a little sometimes then not at all. I must have had something magical on. I can't wait to try to jump that far. Haven't learned how to enchant an object yet. I've tried but it keeps saying that object can't hold what I want. I have a bunch of soul gems just waiting.
Thanks for the help and hints!!
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:50 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

If you really want to jump far, equip and cast the spell Icarian Flight, get a good running start, then jump. Note: Save before trying. But it is awesome to try just once, look down when you are at the apex of the jump. You can litterally cross the whole of Vvardenfell in one jump. If you want to be a rocket, forget the run and just jump straight up. Enjoy!
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:07 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Sorry this reply took so long. I haven't been able to get to the internet for a while. Thanks again for the hints. I don't have that Icarian spell. Where can I get it?
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:07 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I don't know if anybody sells the spell, but you can find a few Icarian Flight scrolls when you leave Seyda Neen (forgot in which direction, though... it's been so long). If you move in the right direction, a mage - Icarus - will drop screaming out of the sky when his spell fails (or rather, works differently from what he thought it would). Be sure to loot his body after impact, he has the scrolls on him.
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:50 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Follow the west road out of Seyda Neen.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:18 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next