Looking for a better dex sword during chapter 1
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Looking for a better dex sword during chapter 1

I am playing a bow man, chapter 1. I know the master sword is available but dex 60 is too far.

I am using a sword dex 20 / hit 40 / 1H+5 and bow is quite powerfull for many sort of fights, but for some it is really weaker and I need something better than this sword.

Is there any other dex sword available during chapter 1? There's a rapier or a bit weaker but better than my current sword?
Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:50 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I can't remember whether it is possible to get rapier more easily than this way. but...

Without further ado: there is a rapier sword beside the rock in the woods near the two trolls. If you walk from pepe towards the hunter/woodcutter. you will find those trolls in a few steps ahead. Only problem is how you can handle those nasty trolls in chapter one. I'd try running and grabbing the rapier with lightning speed from the ground if i was you. Just ignore the trolls altogether or summon something to catch their attention for a moment. The trolls are quite slow and terribly clumsy so you shouldn't have much trouble fooling them. Just beware their huge fists

Stats for the rapier are: 50 dex 100 dmg, +7 to one-handed fighting.
Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:45 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ok thanks, I never get there in my previous play, always forget later. I used a summon to check where the sword is, go near the sword, unmorph, take the sword and flee, I let all other stuff there. Worked like a charm.

Now top priority is to be able used it!
Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:13 pm